Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
matt_w

Man dressed as soldier entering pub

you see a man dressed as a soldier entering a pub.

How would one justify an arrest for BoP?

Err by taking statements from people who were in the pub and proving that two or more felt alarmed etc etc... (im from scotland by the way where everything is a breach!)

I think you would struggle to get a BOP out of it to be honest..

Yeah I'm wondering that as well, I think there's more than is being reported here, or someone somewhere has decided to see how far you can take BoP.

Possibly you could argue that the people in the area are alarned at seeing a military police officer! But I really don't see it going anywhere, it'll be an interesting one to watch how it works out. Oh, and if the reason is as I've just suggested, does that mean every Scottish police officer risks being done for a breach?!

bizarre thread

does he have a weapon of any kind???? i always see people dressed as a soldier but usually there not being a problem in any way.

I don't quite get the point of this thread - why would a Military person in a pu be commiting a BoP??

I've been in the pub many a time (with several colleagues) after rememberance day service in full naval dress uniform- shall I hand myself in now and hope they go easy on me??

I can't see why he would be arrested for BoP...

Whats the definition of BoP in scotland?

Seems to me that certain officers really dislike this guy, he always seems to be getting arrested for pretty trivial issues. :prone:

Edited by Cra1g

I wanted to avoid getting into a discussion about this individual and the interesting points surrounding the Scottish BoP being lost in all of the 'whats wrong with Mr Kennedy? Why does he keep doing it kind of comments.

What points are there that have to proved in Scotland for a BoP?

Edited by matt_w

To prove a Breach of the Peace the most important things to prove is that someone was Alarmed, Annoyed or Disturbed by the incident

Edited by Hawk

It would probably only go as far as your out tray, especially as the govt are in the process of compiling a law making it a specific offence for shops, pubs ect.. from discriminating against anyone wearing uniform. Alternatively you can goto the local garrison, report him where he will be charged under the army,raf or navy act for breech of orders. No serviceman is alowed to go drinking in uniform, unless the CO makes an exemption, ie post parade ect... oh yeh and obviously doesn't apply to any bar on base!

To prove a Breach of the Peace the most important things to prove is that someone was Alarmed, Annoyed or Disturbed by the incident

Would a Constable be able to say he was the alarmed/annoyed/disturbed party?

Sign in to follow this