Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
panda plodder

Raising money for Children's cancer charities

Well, it is a long time since I posted in here! My daughter turned 3 on Good Friday last year she was diagnosed with an extremely rare but treatable form of cancer and she is currently undergoing chemotherapy. We've been raising money for money for charity since December, we raised about £776 from an online lucky dip for a pair of football tickets. On Good Friday we raised over £1800 through evening fund raising evening, with money raised through a raffle.

The £776 went to the children's oncology ward at Nottingham Children's Hospital, £1000 will be going to the Oncology department again, £700 will be going to Macmillan and the rest to CLIC SARGENT, we would love to gove something to the PASIC charity as well but the pot will empty!

Everything was going so well until, someone donated a brand new i-candy pushchair (worth £550) and Kim Wilde donated two signed CD albums, a kids in America T shirt and some tour stickers, so worth about £40 in total. With the i-candy we are getting stupid offers, and no one one is interested in the KIm Wilde stuff despite the album being in the charts! (tried putting it on an online lucky dip).

Anybody got any ideas?