Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

funkywingnut

Autistic man fixated with police must stay in jail as court rejects appeal @MPotter

Autistic man fixated with police must stay in jail as court rejects appeal

Marcus Potter, 20, who was diagnosed with autism aged three, has been in Norwich Prison since November last year for breaching bail conditions by gesturing at a police station in the city.

That sparked a campaign to get him out of prison, with an online petition gaining more than 10,000 signatures. 

His father Martin said his son had become fixated with police around three years ago.

Mr Potter was handed a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) by magistrates after he was convicted of causing alarm and distress when he filmed police and members of the public on February 2017.

Many on here will know @MPotter and  the many anti police threads he had begun.  Seems his ‘Freeman of the land’ type antics he was so confident about have failed him. 

Marcus I hope you now get the help you need, you are a vulnerable adult who many have taken advantage of. 

Not wanting to start arguments here...

But I feel you're taking his side a little.... 

I know several people with Aspergers, ADHD and Autism, and they have the ability to go about their lives without constantly harassing both the police and the public...

Alas, mr potter was on one of our daily briefings when I was in training school a few months ago.

I'll be honest, I'm getting a bit tired of people claiming medical conditions left right and centre as an excuse to get out of everything they do wrong.

I have now been released and have since reformed. In my defence I have not been constantly harassing anyone and most certainly not the public!

On 31/01/2018 at 16:56, MPotter said:

I have now been released and have since reformed. In my defence I have not been constantly harassing anyone and most certainly not the public!

You haven't reformed at all, you are on this and other police forums claiming your conviction is false and illegal, that isn't the behaviour of a reformed offender is it.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2018 at 14:17, funkywingnut said:

You haven't reformed at all, you are on this and other police forums claiming your conviction is false and illegal, that isn't the behaviour of a reformed offender is it.

Fair point but I meant that I have reformed in general, not in relation to the offences that I pleaded guilty to.

12 hours ago, MPotter said:

Fair point but I meant that I have reformed in general, not in relation to the offences that I pleaded guilty to.

So I ask again, HOW have your reformed?  

2 hours ago, funkywingnut said:

So I ask again, HOW have your reformed?  

OK then, I confess that I haven't really reformed.

1 hour ago, funkywingnut said:

Sure you are perfectly innocent then as you claim

On these two charges, yes.

However I do accept that in the past I have behaved unacceptably and am trying to avoid causing similar issues in the future.