Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
recovery man

Evening standard.Moped thugs steal phone from lone female paramedic on 999 call in London’s West End

A lone female paramedic was today revealed as the latest victim of moped robbers after a phone was snatched from her hand as she was about to respond to an emergency call.

Katherine McKenna, 32, a member of London Ambulance Service’s cycle response team, was checking details on her personal Samsung S8 phone when she was attacked in Store Street, off Tottenham Court Road.        http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/moped-thugs-steal-phone-from-lone-female-paramedic-on-999-call-in-london-s-west-end-a3604036.html

5 hours ago, Indiana Jones said:

Lowest of the low.

its going to get worse and worse till somebody takes some responsibly to stop it

39 minutes ago, george b said:

its going to get worse and worse till somebody takes some responsibly to stop it

What would you suggest?

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

What would you suggest?

who or what? 

well the who is the police force charged with keeping law and order, the what il leave up the the,chief constable, they get a quarter of a million a year, for that they should be able to come up with a few idea's 

Edited by george b

6 hours ago, george b said:

who or what? 

well the who is the police force charged with keeping law and order, the what il leave up the the,chief constable, they get a quarter of a million a year, for that they should be able to come up with a few idea's 

It's really easy to say "Something Must Be Done", but it's less easy to find something isn't it?

It's really easy to say "Something Must Be Done", but it's less easy to find something isn't it?

not my job, I'm a worried citizen and tax payer, I pay the government to look after me, the government pays the,chief constable, 

I don't pop down to the hospital to tell them how to deal with a flu our break, that's their job

Edited by george b

44 minutes ago, george b said:

not my job, I'm a worried citizen and tax payer, I pay the government to look after me, the government pays the,chief constable, 

I don't pop down to the hospital to tell them how to deal with a flu our break, that's their job

You will however howl that what a copper does is unlawful, or wrong, or just not right. 

What we need to do with these people is long, boring custodial sentences.  We also need to be able to chase them regardless, with an agreement on paper that they can still be pursued if they take their lids off.  We also need to be able to stinger them, or just swipe them off with a baton strike if we feel confident in doing.  All without having to worry that PSD or the IPCC won't hang us out on to dry.

• Like 1

You will however howl that what a copper does is unlawful, or wrong, or just not right. 

What we need to do with these people is long, boring custodial sentences.  We also need to be able to chase them regardless, with an agreement on paper that they can still be pursued if they take their lids off.  We also need to be able to stinger them, or just swipe them off with a baton strike if we feel confident in doing.  All without having to worry that PSD or the IPCC won't hang us out on to dry.

As i've said before, crims get more protection than we do......

We're asked to do our job, and then not allowed to do it.

On one hand, you have a person who wants us to chase the moped thieves because they've just had their phone nicked....

Then on the other hand, you have some anti-police idiot who will say "You're going to chase someone at high speed over a phone?"...

Can't possibly win with society these days.

Edited by SC Will

9 hours ago, SC Will said:

As i've said before, crims get more protection than we do......

We're asked to do our job, and then not allowed to do it.

On one hand, you have a person who wants us to chase the moped thieves because they've just had their phone nicked....

Then on the other hand, you have some anti-police idiot who will say "You're going to chase someone at high speed over a phone?"...

Can't possibly win with society these days.

but the police do lots and lots of unpopular things, why is this the only thing they put no effort in to, if I run a red light they will chase me for miles, if I knock a pregnant women over to steal her phone, its like, no can't be bothered with that, let's go and set up a speed trap or arrest some hunt protesters , that's a lot easier 

46 minutes ago, george b said:

but the police do lots and lots of unpopular things, why is this the only thing they put no effort in to, if I run a red light they will chase me for miles, if I knock a pregnant women over to steal her phone, its like, no can't be bothered with that, let's go and set up a speed trap or arrest some hunt protesters , that's a lot easier 

If they're chasing you for miles after you run a red light, you should probably stop, if we're honest. You're just wasting everyone's time at that point. And it's also a bad example for you to use - it's not victimless. I've seen crashes, I've seen cyclists taken out and my sister's best friend was killed by a driver than ran a red light.

And if you knock a pregnant woman to steal her phone, I don't think I know any officers in my station that 'can't be bothered with that'.

• Like 2