Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

JAG5

Work Experience

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to do work experience with btp? I read somewhere that you can but I might have been dreaming.

its just that I'm considering joining btp as special as I didn't pass my entry exam into Police Scotland. 

- James :aok:

We don't do work experience in Operational policing coz of all risks- you might get office stuff? But  be best for you  to apply as SPC! ;) you can do it  lots of info and help on hear to help.. Then go for regs.. 

On 2/22/2017 at 18:15, snoopythe1st said:

We don't do work experience in Operational policing coz of all risks- you might get office stuff? But  be best for you  to apply as SPC! ;) you can do it  lots of info and help on hear to help.. Then go for regs.. 

Which division are you? We had kids on operational work experience (as long as they have parental consent) - they were even given the volunteer HVs to wear with 'Work Experience' panels on the badges! One even got to attend a one-under (however they did not deal with any of the messy bits, they stayed with another officer on a cordon!)

On 22/02/2017 at 18:15, snoopythe1st said:

Thanks, I'm definitely going for the specials. Hopefully going to put my application in this Friday! ?

On 24/02/2017 at 05:40, MindTheGap said:

Which division are you? We had kids on operational work experience (as long as they have parental consent) - they were even given the volunteer HVs to wear with 'Work Experience' panels on the badges! One even got to attend a one-under (however they did not deal with any of the messy bits, they stayed with another officer on a cordon!)

I'm currently living in the area of 'D Division' (Scotland), I would be willing to travel around if there's no available chance of work experience here in Scotland. 

Edited by JAG5

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:03, Dark_Island said:

What station you considering JAG? 

Currently Carlisle, as that's the only available area that's closest to me.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:52, Sapor62 said:

I done work experience on B Division when I was about 14, it was really good - it will appear on the careers page.

Not bad where about in B Division?

There's currently no advertised post for work experience on the careers website. I was told to ask around at the stations by one of the btp staff members

3 hours ago, JAG5 said:

Currently Carlisle, as that's the only available area that's closest to me.

Not bad where about in B Division?

There's currently no advertised post for work experience on the careers website. I was told to ask around at the stations by one of the btp staff members

I did a bit at Force HQ, done some good theory input, had a visit from the chief constable - then off to London Liverpool Street where we shadowed PC's and PCSO's.

Hi

There is some opportunity in some departments but the policy is being re-written. I know of 2 forensic science Uni student did a SOCO attachment or work experience.

You probably wont be able to do anything out of the office as if officers need to go on the tracks you wont be able too.

Just go for the specials. Much more fun.

I worked as police staff in an East London station many years ago and we had people on work experience. You also have people working as volunteers. What kind of work did you have in mind?