Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Andy_L

Fitness Test

Hi All,

I have my Regs fitness test on 25th April, and I'm just wondering what to wear... The e-mail is a bit vague, and just says ensure you have trainers, shorts, t-shirt etc with you but doesn't specifically say you should turn up in them.

Basically my question is: Should I turn up in sports gear, or wear smart clothes and get changed into sports gear once I'm there?

Cheers.

Believe me pal the trainers wont care! They are really nice blokes and will help you along, they are not there to feedback on anything but you attaining the level required. Personally I showed up in normal clothes and got changed into sports stuff but that's only because I was doing some shopping after!

What else do you have on that day? If medical stuff then go in a suitable order I.e smart first then change or vice versa. Remember the nurse won't be overly happy if you come in super sweaty for your appointment after!

If just fitness go with what your comfortable in!

I went for my Regulars Fitness and Biometrics in my suit. Took my gym kit with me. Changing facilities are available. Treat every stage as an interview process. You are being assessed through out

Got my fitness to, and fitness only at the moment i'll just be going in sports stuff. My fitness is being tested, i'll be there looking ready to do a fitness test. #keepitsimple

Thanks for the replies, all.

I think it was the wording of the e-mail that threw me a bit, maybe I'm just overthinking it! The exact wording was:

"Please bring suitable equipment for the Physical Fitness Test such as tracksuit, shorts/skirt, top, plimsolls/training shoes, and towel."

Just the fact it said bring, rather than wear. As it's only the fitness on that day (no interview, medical, or anything else), I think I'll just turn up in my sports gear ready to start :)

fair point. I am right in thinking you aren't doing the medical too?

Just can't see any need for a suit in my honest opinion.

I GUARANTEE I know at least one person who will give you stick for turning up in a suit should you decide to do so hahaha.

• Like 2

fair point. I am right in thinking you aren't doing the medical too?

Just can't see any need for a suit in my honest opinion.

No medical, just fitness. It's a 100 mile round trip for me, for a 4 minute jog! :w00t:

What date is your test on, 201594?

Sign in to follow this