Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
daniellesnow

Regulars Final Interview

Hi guys! So yesterday I got the email informing me I'd pass the assessment to join WYP as a regular!

I've got an email today saying I have a final interview to attend at the end of the month. I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea of what kind of interview it is? I've heard different things from different people on the structure of it.

Congrats to everyone who passed!

Danielle

Hi Danielle,

Do you have a confirmed date and time for your interview already? My e-mail just states "You will be allocated a time and date for your interview in due course". I could do with knowing when mine will be so I can get the time off work, but the e-mail specifically states not to contact recruitment about it.

Hi Danielle,

Do you have a confirmed date and time for your interview already? My e-mail just states "You will be allocated a time and date for your interview in due course". I could do with knowing when mine will be so I can get the time off work, but the e-mail specifically states not to contact recruitment about it.

Hi Andy! Yes, that's what my email said yesterday informing me I'd passed the assessment. I got two other emails today; one with a date for the interview and one with a date for the fitness test!

• Like 1

Hi Andy! Yes, that's what my email said yesterday informing me I'd passed the assessment. I got two other emails today; one with a date for the interview and one with a date for the fitness test!

Well done on passing,

Just to double check, interview & fitness test aren't on the same day right?

I'm afraid I have no idea on the format, if you hear nothing more it has to be worth doing what you did to prepare for search but in more depth i think (i'm obviously not expert though)

has anyone noticed they want a passport and driving licence as ID, for the driving licence it says they want the paper counterpart too, surely a mistake?

No my fitness test is two days after my interview! I do know someone who has their fitness test first though.

I did notice about the driving licence. I can only assume it hasn't been amended since they stopped issuing paper counterparts so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe take a birth certificate too if you can just in case?

• Like 1

No my fitness test is two days after my interview! I do know someone who has their fitness test first though.

I did notice about the driving licence. I can only assume it hasn't been amended since they stopped issuing paper counterparts so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe take a birth certificate too if you can just in case?

did you have your assessment on the 6th by any chance?

Well I had my final interview today and found out I passed! Just vetting, medical and references now which sounds like a lengthy process and I'm going travelling for 6 weeks which they've said they'll work around, so it's looking like I won't be starting until July. So excited, and very happy! Good luck to everyone still to have theirs!

• Like 1

Well done! Impressive, very jealous how quick it's going for you, not got my interview until another 2 weeks.

Passed my fitness recently, the further I get the more nervous I am though.

Final interview sounds quite tricky & worried about vetting, not due to anything I've done but due to the fact that recently my old university told a potential employer they had no record of me :xpc::sweat:

Hi 201594,

I'm worried about the fitness test, I have it tomorrow and whilst I think I'll manage the bleep test, I don't have much upper body strength so I'm a little worried about the push and pull! From what I've heard you get 3 chances should you fail, so hopefully i'll be okay as I'm constantly working to improve my fitness now.

All I will say about the final interview is it's really not as bad as you think it will be. You'll know everything you need to before hand, just stay calm and relaxed and you'll be fine. The assessment centre is 10x worse! :biggrin:

The main thing for me is the medical. Due to past medical history I'm a little worried, I was accepted into the specials 6 months ago, but the doctor then did tell me if it was for the regulars she'd conduct further assessment. Hopefully it will all be okay, I really don't want to fall at the last hurdle after coming this far!

• Like 1

Well done Danielle, you must be very happy. Yes the vetting procedure can be a lengthy process and it is worth not getting too hung up on the fact that it can take along time. I waited 4 months on an SC clearance previously and I was a straight forward case. As for the medical, that may be in the lap of the Gods but hopefully it shouldn't be a problem for you. Also, keep working on improving your fitness, its surprising the amount of candidates who fail after doing all the hard work.

Not going to lie, few ladies did find the fitness tricky but it's very achievable & yes you get a few goes so it's nothing to worry about.

Fitness is a breeze, if you can get the app on your phone for the bleep test, we didn't do a push/pull in lancs :S iv just got my medical to go now, so good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this