Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Sazzlewis

Vetting

Does anyone know if you actually get confirmation that you've passed vetting??

I've been in the recruitment process now since November.

I've had my assessment and passed, currently having extra tests following the Medical and also had a fitness test.

I know they've asked my employers for references.

I'm applying to WYP and they don't really give you any indication as to what's next in the process or where you are in the process.

Thanks.

You should get an email to confirm your appointment as a Trainee Special Constable if you pass medical and vetting. You'll then get invited to a recruitment seminar. Give HR resourcing a ring to check the status. I had to give them a nudge for mine.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you actually get confirmation that you've passed vetting??

I've been in the recruitment process now since November.

I've had my assessment and passed, currently having extra tests following the Medical and also had a fitness test.

I know they've asked my employers for references.

I'm applying to WYP and they don't really give you any indication as to what's next in the process or where you are in the process.

Thanks.

Again - This is only for the Met, which i applied to.

I heard nothing until I received an email advising that there was an opportunity to go on the February intensive course if a space became available as I was due to start in March, at this point in the email it said "We can offer this to you as you are now vetting cleared".

I went and opted for the Feb course, but unfortunately no spaces became available so i'm still booked to commence training on the 7th March intensive Mon-Fri 4.5 week course.

Now just need to buy some boots, and get Hepatitis C jab done. :)

So yes, for the Met it would appear no news is good news, if you hear from them it's because they want to query something or clarify with you, possibly relating to any unmanageable debts, past convictions or cautions, etc.

I then had my induction evening at New Scotland Yard on Friday 12th Feb which was good.

Can't wait to commence training!

Again - This is only for the Met, which i applied to.

I heard nothing until I received an email advising that there was an opportunity to go on the February intensive course if a space became available as I was due to start in March, at this point in the email it said "We can offer this to you as you are now vetting cleared".

I went and opted for the Feb course, but unfortunately no spaces became available so i'm still booked to commence training on the 7th March intensive Mon-Fri 4.5 week course.

Now just need to buy some boots, and get Hepatitis C jab done. :)

So yes, for the Met it would appear no news is good news, if you hear from them it's because they want to query something or clarify with you, possibly relating to any unmanageable debts, past convictions or cautions, etc.

I then had my induction evening at New Scotland Yard on Friday 12th Feb which was good.

Can't wait to commence training!

It's hepatitis B you need just for info ?

Edited by Miss_Mulberry
  • Like 1

It's hepatitis B you need just for info

Interesting,.. I rang up my local surgery after being told at the induction evening it was a course of 3 jabs, the surgery told me the course of 3 was Hep C, at a cost of £85 for all three.

I then tried to go ahead to book but apparently they no longer do this, so advised me a surgery about a mile or so away will do it.

Rang them, they advised they don't do it for non-customers (it's a privately run surgery), and the original surgery I went to should be able to do it!

Might just go to one of the Medicentres in London and have it done...

Hep B if I recall was £45 ish from my surgery.

Interesting,.. I rang up my local surgery after being told at the induction evening it was a course of 3 jabs, the surgery told me the course of 3 was Hep C, at a cost of £85 for all three.

I then tried to go ahead to book but apparently they no longer do this, so advised me a surgery about a mile or so away will do it.

Rang them, they advised they don't do it for non-customers (it's a privately run surgery), and the original surgery I went to should be able to do it!

Might just go to one of the Medicentres in London and have it done...

Hep B if I recall was £45 ish from my surgery.

It's Hep B - Hep C has no vaccine! I guess the person you were speaking to was either new or didn't understand.

My Force provided the jabs and the blood test (how I hated that bit!).

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this