Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Sazzlewis

Fitness Test

Level 5.4 is a nice progressive slow jog. Providing you already have a semi decent level of fitness you are pretty much okay. Only equates to less than 4 minutes of running.

There are a load of free copies of bleep test if you google it. Just roughly pace it out somewhere and practice just with headphones in.

Best of luck but im sure all will be well.

Best way? Mark out a 15 meter course and look for a bleep test app/recording. Loads of free ones on the Apple App store (can't vouch for android) and give it a try.

As Stamps said, the level required is a slow jog, and you'll only be running for a max of 4 minutes, they'll stop you once you get to 5.4.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You'll never have to run more than 10km/h and never longer than 5 minutes. So do that on a treadmill with a small incline and you'll fly past

I have my fitness test next Friday - I have 7 days to learn how to pass a bleep test!!

Any advice is welcome!!

Bleep test is all about Cardio, recovery and endurance, so long as you can jog/run for about 4 mins the bleep test should be a doddle. As someone else has suggested, the best option is to download the free app (bleep test pro) 15 meters version and measure 15 meters and shuttle between them.

If you are used to jogging, just throw in some bursts of speed, this will help you lots. The key is to learn to pace yourself without getting tired.

Tips for running the bleep test that helped me:

• Stretches and warm up prior to practice
  • Keep head up to avoid restricting air flow
  • Drink lots of water
  • Practice good breathing, I was amazed how much this helped me.
  • Lift your legs up rather than slamming them down to the ground, kind of like a running jumpy motion, this helps you cover greater area.
  • Practice your turns, turns actually make you waste energy and take up time. When you turn alternate your driving leg (if that makes sense) it saves you putting all the stress on one leg :)
  • What you can expect on the day: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nNsVzKt5lPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Remember to make sure you rest before your test, don't stress, and have fun :)
Edited by Haris
  • Like 1

Best way? Mark out a 15 meter course and look for a bleep test app/recording. Loads of free ones on the Apple App store (can't vouch for android) and give it a try.

As Stamps said, the level required is a slow jog, and you'll only be running for a max of 4 minutes, they'll stop you once you get to 5.4.

Good luck!

If you are worried about it, get an app, try it out, and put your mind at ease.

Thanks so much everyone!!

Haris - you are a star! That video has really put me at ease!

I'm gonna do what everyone has suggested and mark out 15m and download a bleep test. That way, I'll know I can do it :)

You've all been a great help.

Thanks x

Thanks so much everyone!!

Haris - you are a star! That video has really put me at ease!

I'm gonna do what everyone has suggested and mark out 15m and download a bleep test. That way, I'll know I can do it :)

You've all been a great help.

Thanks x

You are most welcome. Good Luck :)

I was really nervous about the bleep test as I had never done it. It was actually easier than I thought but I had heard people say it's the turns that catch you out. They are right they really can. It can add seconds on to your run. This isn't so bad in the easy levels but get past 4 and you need to make sure your turns are effective. Practice turning. Good luck

I hadn't done a leep test before, and was equally nervous. I had been running in preperation though, and I breezed through it. I think I ran to level 8.1 or something, at which point they asked those of us still going to stop.

I would be posting helpful information but others have beat me to it!! All I want to say is good luck! It's easier than you think!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

good luck,

may sound patronising but don't just aim for the minimum level. Keep working on it, good fitness may save a life one day!

• Like 1

Oh crap. I've just done my first practice run and only got to level 3.2. :/

Now I'm really peed off. :(

I had mapped my running and ran for 7kmph for 5 minutes ok. But the shuttle run went horribly wrong! It's much faster than a slow jog!

Top advice is to remember to breathe properly. Also, try and practice your 'turn' as this is a major part of the bleep test. Don't run all the way over the line and then turn all the way around, try and reach the line with one foot (either one) and then sort of twist your feet so you're facing the other way. I've got a fairly low/moderate level of fitness (but am 21 years old) and I managed to pass it just about. The adrenaline etc will push you further on the day.

Edited by CopperCam

I wouldn't just train doing the bleep test daily. Any kind of cardio is going to help you out on the big day. Bleep one day, try something else every other, cycling, swimming even classes like zumba. Anything that's going to improve your endurance. I made the mistake of just running in the early days of my application and got killer shin splints.

Remember you get a few attempts

Edited by Stamps

Sign in to follow this