Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
double-six

Friend requested by a criminal

I've recently received a friend request on Facebook from a male who claims he is an inmate at "HMP Prison Service", and some of his photos are of him in a prison cell.

I don't know the guy, I'm fairly sure he's not been one of my "customers", and he doesn't even live in the same city as me or where I work.

He hasn't contacted or messaged me in any other way.

I'm wondering whether I should just delete and block him, or should I report it to my force?

[ I understand the risks of social media but I do not put personal data on there, and I have the security settings set appropriately, and I choose to use the site. ]

if it were me I'd take screen shots of his profile page then decline his request, if you think he's one of the Queen house guest and can ID the prison contact the local police force who should have a prison liaison/intelligence officer.

At the very least if an inmate they'll spin his cell to look for contraband such as the mobile he's using

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this