Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Sazzlewis

Anyone going to the assessment day in Wakefield on Friday?

Already had mine and passed. Good luck for Friday and just remember they will be taking notes in the classroom too. Dont be nervous

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Had my offer come through induction day in few weeks

Congratulations!!

I'm nervous but confident. I'm bricking it about the interview though. Any tips for the day? Also, what dress code were most people in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dress code is treat it as any interview for a job. I was suited and booted for mine. You have a written test which again take time to read the question and there is no right or wrong answer, its your thought process thats more important. We cant put anythings on here what these are as that would give an unfair advantage however i will say treat the interview as any job interview use the STAR method so situation task action result. Or why you did something how you did it what was the result and how you would do it differently. Thats how i went in and passed.

Congratulations!! I'm nervous but confident. I'm bricking it about the interview though. Any tips for the day? Also, what dress code were most people in? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, First of all, well done on getting the interview! Passing the papersift is hard enough, I've recently passed the interview as of last week. The tips I can give you are:

Don't treat it as an interview, look at it as a discussion, simplify it so that it seems to you that they're asking you questions and you are just responding, make it flow like a conversation and you're on to a winner.

Make sure you have a good read up on your competencies, as that is what you're being assessed against.

The Situation, Task, Action, Result (STAR) technique is really good for the interview, I used it myself in a few questions and it really does help.

It is a good thing that you're bricking it, as it shows how much you want it.

Ultimately, just be yourself, they are looking for a personality as much as they are looking at you hitting the competencies.

Remember, eye contact is key and I always take a sip of water before I answer the question, so it gives me time to think!

Good look and keep us posted on how you get on!

Congratulations to you too!!

Thanks so much for this. You've both helped massively. :)

How long did you have to wait before you found out you passed?

Congratulations to you too!! Thanks so much for this. You've both helped massively. :) How long did you have to wait before you found out you passed? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a problem!

They told me in my interview that they'd let me know one way or the other on the same day. As they were busy after my interview, they didn't. So it was a nervous weekend for me, I found out on Monday morning.

They should tell you in your interview when they will let you know, and if they don't, it's always a question you can ask them at the end! :)

Oh I really hope I find out straight away! I won't sleep all weekend if I don't!! Lol

Plus it's Friday the 13th!! hope it's lucky for me!!

Hi, I have my assessment day on Friday in Wakefield - just wondered if anyone else is going? :).

Hi,

I had my assessment day on Monday in Wakefield.

It really wasn't bad at all. The tips I can give you are:

1. Prepare one example for each of the four competencies for the interview:

Working with others

Professionalism

Openness to change

Service delivery

2. The 20 mins for the written test goes SUPER quick. Some people wrote too many notes and found that they didn't have time to write their actual answer (notes are still marked if you want them to be).

I skipped the notes and went straight to the answer.

3. Make sure you are really familiar with the info they will have sent you in an email.

I thought that we'd get the copy again in the written assessment so didn't familiarise myself with it as much as I would have liked to.

The interview really wasn't as bad as I'd built it up to be. The interviewers don't give anything away so I really don't know how I've done. I answered each question in as much detail as possible so hoping I've done okay.

They told us we will find out by email two weeks from the date we did the assessment.

It's been three days and it's killing me!

Good luck - you will be fine as long as you're prepared.

A Police interview is nothing like a 'normal' interview. You will have to do 95% of the talking, make sure you cover as many of the competency positive indicators as you can, and always tell them what YOU did unless the question specifically relates to teamwork. Be prepared for the interviewer to sit there ticking boxes and saying very little.

This all sounds a bit weird but forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Still waiting to hear about when my assessment day is. Fingers crossed that it won't be too long a wait! Good luck to everyone who has their assessments in the meanwhile!

Hi Natasha!!!!!! I have too! lol I keep logging in my communication centre but it still says booked assessment. :/

I wonder why some people got told within a few days and we have to wait ages!!!!

Sign in to follow this