Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
duainep

Can I apply elsewhere for another force?

Hello there,

I received an email from resourcing at Gloucestershire Constabulary yesterday notifying me that i have failed my security clearance. I have now appealed against this but if it does come back and i still have no luck is it possible to apply for another force rather than having to wait six months to apply for Gloucestershire again?

Really devastated that I have failed the security clearance and i feel as though my childhood dream of becoming a police officer has been shattered after all the hard work put in to get this far.

Sorry to babble on and I wish everyone else the very best with their progress within the recruitment stages.

Duainep

hi

It is your right to appeal but if you do not get the result you want, a failed vetting result will follow you to whichever police force you apply to.

Depending on why you failed the vetting you may be successful in your appeal. Do you have any idea why you might have?

6 months isn't a long time at all, it flies by! If you're unsuccessful use the time to prepare yourself for when you re apply, try and resolve any issue you might have had with the vetting (I know it's not always easy to find out what it is you failed on).

Hope all goes well

Hello all, I have now appealed so just a waiting game now... fingers crossed!!

I can't see it being anything that I've done as never been in trouble with the police and so on but I know my older brothers arent angels so without blaming anyone it could be one of them, or it could be something totally different. I wish they'd actually tell you what you failed on though :/

Not sure about this but if it is your family members (it probably is) then you might have better luck applying elsewhere where they're perhaps not known to the local constabulary, it would I suppose create less of a perceived risk that you might be passing information on for instance and show a willingness on your part to distance yourself from any association. Just a guess though. Good luck with it.

Sign in to follow this