Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
duainep

Gloucestershire- Stuck on vetting questionaire! :(

Good afternoon all!

I have been invited to attend an assessment for becoming a special constable, only i'm just filling in my vetting questionaire and I have come across a question I'm stuck on.

It is page 5 where it asks about my brothers and sisters, now I have 3 brothers and 3 sister's. All are half siblings other than my 1 brother who is full, and I only keep in touch with 3 of them and haven't spoke to the other 3 for years. Do I still put them on the vetting questionaire even though I don't know their addresses? As I don't want to not put them on there and that ruin my chances of passing the vetting section.

If you could please reply on what you suggest me to do, that will be wonderful.

Thank you

Duainep

I think you should add them - I'm sure there is a continuation page at the end of the vetting document; just mark the number of the page and question number and just state why you don't know whatever and whether you are still in contact with them or not/whether they still live with you...

As above, you have to include all of them. Just state they reside elsewhere and you aren't in contact with them. Use continuation pages if necessary.

• Like 1

Good afternoon all!

I have been invited to attend an assessment for becoming a special constable, only i'm just filling in my vetting questionaire and I have come across a question I'm stuck on.

It is page 5 where it asks about my brothers and sisters, now I have 3 brothers and 3 sister's. All are half siblings other than my 1 brother who is full, and I only keep in touch with 3 of them and haven't spoke to the other 3 for years. Do I still put them on the vetting questionaire even though I don't know their addresses? As I don't want to not put them on there and that ruin my chances of passing the vetting section.

If you could please reply on what you suggest me to do, that will be wonderful.

Thank you

Duainep

Duainep,For what it's worth as I see it you have at least two options,the first one, (which I advise)is to dial 101 of the force for which you are applying and ask for human resources,or if no gain in that e mail them,put the problem to them and they will almost certainly give you the correct answer,that is what I would do if I was in a similar position to yourself,or you could just put "not known" in the relevant box,but they might raise an eyebrow when they read that and it could delay the job.

Actually all the specials in our force had to be revetted for the Olympics,I have no idea why, I had never done one before as when I joined they just did some checks from the station,so I know what a pain it all is,anyway I didn't get the sack so they must have been happy,Ha.Rich.

Ha ha and yeah thanks a lot for all the responses, apparently it's a long stage and so I didn't want to have to do it twice - I've dropped them a quick email so least it will be coming from their own mouths :) hope your all enjoting the weekend! :)

How did you get vetting questions if you're just being invited to the assessment centre? Or have you been there for an interview and passed?

As above - put as much info as possible and indicate that you don't have contact or why you only have limited information. It's better to be thought of as trying to be helpful and giving too much informaiton than as someone who is trying to hide something.

It's better to put on too much than too little, as omitting them could lead to your application being terminated for failure to disclose something relevant. State them on the form and put a note at the end to explain the nature of the relationship.

Yeah I got the assessment Sunday coming, and it is a vetting form that I need to fill in and take with me to the assessment so I'm not sure?

I'll alter the topic title when I get home to make it a bit more specific- have you had a look in the force specific section to see whether there's any information there?

No I haven't sorry, I will take a look! :)

No need to apologise :D- there might not be anything but it's always worth a quick check as the information in there tends to be more relevant to individual forces and these things can vary quite a lot!

Good luck for Sunday, hope it goes well.

Sign in to follow this