Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Alpha Tango

WYP- pre-patrol exam ! implications of failing

Hey guys I have my pre patrol written and practical in a couple of weeks !!!

Can anyone advise on the process if you fail the exam (written)??

I have heard you can retake it on the morning of your attestation although iam not 100% on that

I have not heard of people needing to rebook and resit the exam either or possibly being held back by not passing and have still carried on and attested

Any advice would be great thanks

Not sure what force you are with but in mine three failed. One person was close to the pass mark so had a number of 'professional discussions' with the tutors and when they were satisfied he did know he was passed. The other two had to resit the paper in a couple of weeks, but it's the same exam with the same questions so shouldn't really fail it a second time round!

Not sure what force you are with but in mine three failed. One person was close to the pass mark so had a number of 'professional discussions' with the tutors and when they were satisfied he did know he was passed. The other two had to resit the paper in a couple of weeks, but it's the same exam with the same questions so shouldn't really fail it a second time round!

did they still attest with everyone who passed first time?

did they still attest with everyone who passed first time?

Yes. Exams to attestation was just less than three weeks apart (exam weekend; attestation Thursday evening just less than three weeks later)

Which force is this for? These things can vary quite widely between forces :)

Hya its for wyp I have my exam on the 25 oct and iam due to attest on the 2ndnovember so only a week difference

Would really like to attest with the rest of my group if I fail first time round

Hya its for wyp I have my exam on the 25 oct and iam due to attest on the 2ndnovember so only a week difference

Would really like to attest with the rest of my group if I fail first time round

Why are you planning to fail? Study, ask questions and pass, then you have no concern...

We have been advised that the layout of the driving licence number is in the exam !!!

We were never shown this by the course tutor !!!

I understand it to a certain extent but struggle when people have there birth date in the 10-11 or 12th month

Think we will be asked to work out when is this persons DOB and if they are male or female!!!

Anyone give any tips on how to remember the working out or revision tips would be a massive help

Cheers guys

Sign in to follow this