Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
thurdles

Vodafone discount?

If you call up their customer services both Vodafone & O2 offer police discounts that were set up by the Fed E&W, double check that it applies for Special Constables as some companies do differentiate in the contract.

Do I qualify for these Offers? (METOffers)

1. You will qualify for these Offers if you are an employee or contractor of a business that is a confirmed participant of VEA.
  2. These Offers are available to you and five of your friends and family members. To be eligible for these Offers you must be at least 18 years old, with a bank account and permanently resident in the UK.
  3. You must purchase the qualifying plans from Vodafone directly in a store, over the phone or online. Plans purchased through our partners such as Phones 4U and Carphone Warehouse will not qualify.
  4. The discount will be applied only to the monthly charge for the plans. Any device costs, charges for usage not included in your plan or any other additional charges will not be discounted.
  5. The Offers do not apply to:
    1. Pay as you go plans,
    2. 30-day SIM only plans,
    3. Household plans,
    4. Red Hot plans,
    5. business plans,
    6. data plans (except the iPad or Tablet Offer),
    7. broadband plans,
    8. any other promotional discount plans, or
    9. in conjunction with any other new promotional offer.

More information here - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/employee-advantage-vea/

Edited by Bravo Sierra

Vodafone DO NOT offer 20% discount to all police. It depends if your force has signed up to VEA or not. They have a list of companies that signed up to VEA and your force needs to be listed. You also need to confirm this with an email from your qualifying force's .pnn account.

They are very picky, for instance mine was refused as I used Hampshire Constabulary as the name whereas they have it listed as Hampshire Police.

It also depends what plan you are on, Some are 10% some are 20%.

To be honest, I looked into this and its still expensive compared to other places. I have a HTC M8 on O2 via carphone warehouse, free phone, unlimited txt/minutes and 5GB of 4G for £33 a month on 24 month contract. Even with the 20% Vodaphone are still more expensive than Tescos if you want to go direct.

If you have signed up for "Blue Light Card" you do qualify for a 20% discount on production of the card (Vodafone are their sponsor)

Sign in to follow this