Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Peacemaker

IPS to Regulars Route

Apologies if this has already been covered, I imagine it has but haven't been able to find the exact info I'm looking for.

To join as a regular once IPS has been completed you apply internally, correct? Roughly how often in a year do these application windows open?

If you do it this way I take it that if accepted you begin training as a PC rather than having to go through the CKP and assessment days / interviews / role play, etc that an outsider to the force would have to go through when applying - is this correct?

Trying to weigh up the pros and cons of applying as a Special and applying as an outsider. I do believe that the experience gained if IPS is attained would be invaluable in the job.

Thanks.

Every force is different. For example, South Yorkshire Police require their Special Constables to be IPS, have done X amount of hours, before they can put in an application. It's the same for PCSOs and Police Staff however they have to have completed their probationary period.

Even then, the application is the same as external applicants. You have to attend a SEARCH assessment centre and score a minimum of 60%. Once passed, you then will be invited to a Force Interview which consists of a few inspectors/Sergeants sat in front of you asking you some questions. Then medical, fitness and force vetting.

I cannot speak for other forces as I do not know how they work.

Sign in to follow this