Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
TowerPower

Police SEARCH

I just found yesterday I failed the Police SEARCH assessment centre, and have a few questions somebody can hopefully answer for me as it is unclear.

My overall percentage was 58%

With working with others 58%

Oral Communication- 98%

Written Communication - 22%.

They said that although I hit the minimum overall percentage, I however didn't hit the minimum percentage for written communication.

My question is why did I score so badly in this area? I looked through my written tests and got solid B's throughout them all but in both failed the written communication by getting two D's. How could I get solid B's for my solutions etc but therefore get a D?

Thanks for any explanation as the feedback doesn't go into great detail.

It was a written test, I can't go into too much detail as I have signed a agreement stating I cannot disclose what the tests involved within the assessment centre.

Sorry to hear you failed - I think with the written tests if you get over a certain amount of grammatical / spelling errors they will fail you automatically - do you think this could be the case?

Can be handwriting as well, if they can't read what you produced then you won't get a high score. And I know that for a reason....

I am just really confused about how they could fail me for handwriting as I got solid B's for my solutions etc in my answer. Surely I would not have gotten high marks in the other areas for the written test if they could not read what I have wrote or it was not grammatically correct?

Edited by Rosemary
Formatting

The solution might of been spot on but the spelling and punctuation may not have been.

Thank you for all the replies. In regards to the spelliung etc I was tested for dyslexia the day before and it was proven that I had a mild form of it. This was all the day before my assessment centre and therefore could not get the reasonable adjustments in time. Just sod's law that this was the only part I failed in and I can not appeal the process. Always next time I suppose.

Edited by Rosemary
Formatting

I just found yesterday I failed the Police SEARCH assessment centre, and have a few questions somebody can hopefully answer for me as it is unclear.

My overall percentage was 58%

With working with others 58%

Oral Communication- 98%

Written Communication - 22%.

They said that although I hit the minimum overall percentage, I however didn't hit the minimum percentage for written communication.

My question is why did I score so badly in this area? I looked through my written tests and got solid B's throughout them all but in both failed the written communication by getting two D's. How could I get solid B's for my solutions etc but therefore get a D?

Thanks for any explanation as the feedback doesn't go into great detail.

I failed my first assessment centre on handwritting. Check the handwritting score. it could be how grammatical it was.

Work on your writing and try again best of luck for the second time through

I failed my first assessment centre on handwritting. Check the handwritting score. it could be how grammatical it was.

Work on your writing and try again best of luck for the second time through

All it says is writing communication, nothing else :/

TowerPower, I understand your frustration having been there and received the same sort of score. Flawless interview, I felt confident I did very well on the written assessment too. Without going into much detail for this:-

I can't go into too much detail as I have signed a agreement stating I cannot disclose what the tests involved within the assessment centre.

I also never received an in-depth report (what Lincs_Cop described) explaining why my written communication was classified as, well very poor. What is more confusing is I have always been an articulate person (so I like to think). It is what it is though, unfortunately - they are, afterall, very experienced at sifting through potential candidates.

Sorry for the unhelpful post, but I can empathise with your frustrations 110%.

Which force was you applying for?

Edited by Jensen20

TowerPower, I understand your frustration having been there and received the same sort of score. Flawless interview, I felt confident I did very well on the written assessment too. Without going into much detail for this:-

I also never received an in-depth report (what Lincs_Cop described) explaining why my written communication was classified as, well very poor. What is more confusing is I have always been an articulate person (so I like to think). It is what it is though, unfortunately - they are, afterall, very experienced at sifting through potential candidates.

Sorry for the unhelpful post, but I can empathise with your frustrations 110%.

Which force was you applying for?

Thank you for your reply. I was applying for gloucestershire. I am very gutted as I am about finish a degree in Policing and have been a Special for over a year, so a lot of work and effort has been put into becoming a full time Police Constable. I think the worse thing for me is knowing I failed in written communication, for potentially my handwriting when I have passed the assessment centre, excelled in my interview and role plays.... Gutting but hopefully in 6 months when I apply again, I can correct this.

It's difficult for us to judge where you went wrong if we have nothing to base any opinions or advice on!

There's the problem, all I got was 22% in written communication and nothing else said for example why I failed in this area. It states not to contact them as I have no right of appeal and that this is all the feedback they can give me. I was jsut wondering if anybody here had the same experience and what my problem may have been in written communication so next time when I do the assessment centre I don't have the same result.

Sign in to follow this