Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
panther146

Training

Hi all,

I've got to the stage where (I think) I've done all the tests and hopefully everything going well my training commences in December. I've had a look on the Cheshire website about training etc but I'd like to get a few first hand experiences of your training what you liked etc ?

For starters well done to the both of you for getting this far :)

I am only in the app process so can't be much help sorry and the Cheshire forum is quite quiet but the guys that are on here are very good so I am sure you will get your answer at some point.

Good luck with your training and your future as a sc. Hopefully I won't be to far behind you.

You'll find that policing and the training is a lot more common sense than you think! If you have any books, have a nosey through them - but don't get engrossed in them - they will teach you everything you need to know to hit the streets walking very slowly!

Eeverybody is ni the same boat - except for those with Law degrees - they tend to get a lot wrong!!!!! (Apart fromt he stated cases, but you don't realistically need to remember those)!!!

My experience was as follows:

Thursday evenings at HQ and all day Saturdays at Padgate for about 8-10 weeks. Then a few more weekends, then an assessment. Depending on how it's timetabled it can take 3 months or (as in my case, 5).

They give you enough information to not be a walking liability when you get out on the streets. Favourite part was the physical side of it all - cuffing, strikes etc.

Best of luck with it all!

Thank you all for the responses, by the looks of the training schedule its gonna be around three months; I cannot wait :D

ps Good luck to you Ipoolalan, It's worht the wait to see it all come together :)

Thank you all for the responses, by the looks of the training schedule its gonna be around three months; I cannot wait :D

ps Good luck to you Ipoolalan, It's worht the wait to see it all come together :)

Thanks pal.

It maybe worth you doing a bit of a training diary thread on here so people know what to expect, it would make a good read :)

Thanks for the good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I'm sure it's been done a few times

Just thought it would be good to keep things upto date. I did have a search through but couldn't find anything to do with Cheshire.

Can I ask where about in Cheshire you are please. I don't mean the station or anything just like eastern etc.

Thanks

Alan

I'll second that! Your replies have been very helpful and I can't wait to get started :) Also good luck to Ipoolalan!

I'll second that! Your replies have been very helpful and I can't wait to get started :) Also good luck to Ipoolalan!

Thank you :) hope you enjoy your training and all goes well.

I'm in the Eastern BCU although a small amount of searching would reveal my station ;)

I wouldn't dream of it :) I was just asking because I am unsure where to go IF I get in. I think eastern is a bit far from me though.

Just realised how much I have hijacked Panthers thread, sorry mate I will give myself a stern talking to.

Edited by lpoolalan

lpoolalan don't worry about it! You've actually given a really good idea about the diary, I'll speak to atterley3 and see what we can come up with :D

lpoolalan don't worry about it! You've actually given a really good idea about the diary, I'll speak to atterley3 and see what we can come up with :D

We are on it!

• Like 1

We are on it!

I look forward to it :) I love it when a plan comes together :aok:

Sign in to follow this