Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Hero_613

Current Vehicle Stock

Apoligies for being what some might view as annoyingly curious, but may I ask what vehicles the land of gated houses and golden deers are currently using? I'm aware that the current force (from what the internets tells me) are using the following:

(Pardon me if any of these are no longer being used, hard to find info on them hence me coming here :D)

5th Gen Vauxhall Astra's

6th Gen Vauxhall Astra's

1st Gen Mercedes Sprinter

2008 Vauxhall Insignia

Ford S-Max

Vauxhall Vivaro

Vauxhall Vectra C (Facelift)

Volvo V70

Vauxhall Omega (Backup Firearms)

BMW 5 Series (Cannot find model number)

Land Rover Defender

Armoured Land Rover (unaware if they still carry PANGOLIN name)

I'm only asking because I'm updating all my cars in GTA IV to the Hertfordshire fleet, due to the fact that the Met police clan I was recently in went down the swanny.

Edited by Hero_613

How is it operational? Its not like they can't be seen driving about - they have big yellow and blue squares on the sides!

look on whatdotheyknow for a marked vehicle fleet list. Should be one on there.

Thanks for the advise, but on one I saw about West Midland's fleet it took a month to get a response, and I think I'll have pretty much jus

105e's I think

I'm not too sure, only ever seen one of em here:

4436302770_c3628b5c31_b.jpg

t got what I would've wanted by then. Not that I can't be bothered, but I could likely find out from the various fleets of photographers flickr has.

I am sure that would be classed as operational information people wouldn't say.

How is that operation information? We've got people on here talking about fleets from the met quite a bit, don't really understand how that would change for another county, sure it might need a freedom of information act request, but it's not classified from what I would gather. Thanks for the response anyway though

Yeah sorry I thought you were asking for numbers of rather than types, won't answer too quickly next time. You do sound rather keen on the police, still at school aren't you?

Yeah sorry I thought you were asking for numbers of rather than types, won't answer too quickly next time. You do sound rather keen on the police, still at school aren't you?

Yeah I have to say I am to say the least :D In final year of secondary at the moment, but more specifically I have a thing for the cars and the uniforms- though I must say I do aspire to join the police, just recruitment looks like it's going to be sporadic at best, Herts don't seem to want to really recruit at all right now.

There's no harm being done here at all, the vehicle fleet is hardly operational information and is in fact quite often highly publicised. All of the pictures below are from Herts police twitter accounts (Including mine)

Hero, don't forget the Land Rover Defender 90, you've already posted a picture of that on the forum.

This is the vehicle I drive, it's a Mitsubishi L200

BBXhqGfCcAI88ob.jpg

Quad Bike, Honda ATV

BDyjrd0CYAEhNzJ.jpg

Don't forget the motorcycles too!

BTfFiPUCcAAkbJT.jpg

Even bicycles!

BGhrytPCUAElLc9.jpg

Ah yes, how could I forget my most favourite car in the world ?!?!? :O Problem is, there aren't any 3D models for the hyundai or the police land rover. There are plenty of bikes, but in GTA they're useless because the civvies tend to not recognise you and just ram you off the bike. Shame though, really like the look of those!

I don't get to see any of the rural special vehicles, or anything traffic either. Not in a rural area of the county, and not near any sort of motorway or extremely busy road. One thing I do see is a Met i30 that sometimes comes around here, don't know why though. Interesting as well, I see City of London horses when I go to the Watford football matches, wonder why we can't police the whole thing without them?

Problem is sadly some models are a bit off with colouring, most actually look a lot like the cars, but things like headlights rarely look correct; this insignia I'm currently texturing being an example:

5827659289_ddc778bb20_z.jpg

a1af3db4113f13fff902c457312d4f77.png

Also, do ignore the blue herts badge I have on the car and my profile pic, it's one I created as a kind of futuristic badge, using the deer from the county council's logo (which is also used on the Dennis Sabre fire engines we have in reserve).

Edited by Hero_613

As far as I'm aware, there are no Omega's left with Herts, they were all taken back a while ago now and replaced, at the time with the Vectra, which in turn has been replaced by the much better looking insignia.

As far as I'm aware, there are no Omega's left with Herts, they were all taken back a while ago now and replaced, at the time with the Vectra, which in turn has been replaced by the much better looking insignia.

See now I would've agreed, but I've heard rumours that they're being kept as a reserve for firearms, it doesn't help that a couple of years ago I saw one on a shout in my local area; but they could've well been taken out of service. A shame really, they're amazing cars.

Wait hang on a sec, you did NOT just say that insignia's look better than omega's.... oh dear...

7381487578_82f68233e5_z.jpg

:new_cry:

Edited by Hero_613

Sign in to follow this