Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Stitchy

Boot Polishing / Bulling up

Hey Guys,

This has probably been covered somewhere else on the forums no doubt but still it never hurts to ask the question again and then get some new responses.....

Boot Polishing & Bulling up... I can polish my boots enough to get a bit of a shine on them and make them look very presentable, but what are the best techniques to bulling them up and have an amazing parade style shine to them??

Feel free every body to help out, ill provide the polish if you fancy showing me how its done... L O L

Cheers guys

Stitchy

Get hold of some kiwi polish, either parade gloss or the normal stuff.

Use a brush to put bit thick layers of it on. Use another brush to brush it off. Don't mess about with small circles or anything, just slap it all one.

Once you've put loads of polish on the boots (cannot emphasise this enough), get a cup of water (I use warm water) and some cotton wool buds. Dip a cotton wool bud in the cup, squeeze most of the water out so it is just a little damp and then put some polish on the bud.

Work it in in small circles. Too much polish on the cotton wool bud and it will take ages.

Repeat until you get a shine come up. Reduce the amount of polish on the bud each time and they'll get better and better. Use a pair of tights to buff the shoe to remove any smudges and you're done!

• Like 1

Get hold of some kiwi polish, either parade gloss or the normal stuff.

Use a brush to put bit thick layers of it on. Use another brush to brush it off. Don't mess about with small circles or anything, just slap it all one.

Once you've put loads of polish on the boots (cannot emphasise this enough), get a cup of water (I use warm water) and some cotton wool buds. Dip a cotton wool bud in the cup, squeeze most of the water out so it is just a little damp and then put some polish on the bud.

Work it in in small circles. Too much polish on the cotton wool bud and it will take ages.

Repeat until you get a shine come up. Reduce the amount of polish on the bud each time and they'll get better and better. Use a pair of tights to buff the shoe to remove any smudges and you're done!

Top Job... been doing circles untiill now... putting loads on in circles with a cloth and then a dip in some water, then a bit of polishish.. more water... etc etc... defo going to be trying this technique over the christmas period... just 2 more traning nights to go 1st..

What I found is put a thick layer on, then run it over with a lighter. then polish it after that. Once you\'ve done that a couple of times, use CJM's technique.

Sign in to follow this