Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Southyjd

I passed....

Afternoon,

I had my assessment the end of February at Gloucestershire HQ and finally today i received a letter saying i passed the assessment etc.

Only had a quick read through of it as i was on lunch so i am yet to go through all my scoring etc but apart from that i am a very happy lad!

Anyone else recieved theirs yet?

Chris

Well done Chris.

Where are you hoping to be stationed?

Sam.

Edit - just seen one of your older posts, Cheltenham South. Good luck with the rest of your application.

Edited by sc-sam

Thank you! Well i live in Cheltenham so i would not mind there but i doubt it will happen. Plus there are arguements around about the pro's and cons with regards to being staioned where you work. Saying that, i wouldnt mind Gloucester or Cirencester. To be fair though i would travel anywhere!!

Edited by Southyjd

hell done and only the fitness to go!!

ahh the easy bit then!!

How long ago did you have your interview?

Good luck!! I work (day job) in the same City as I patrol..... and haven't had any real serious issues or reprecussions as a result.

Three of the best bits of advice I've received, which have helped in my Specials career, are as follows. The first two, came from an experienced Special....

- You have two ears, and one mouth - use them in that proportion...

- If you're worried about asking a question but are worried it will sound silly - don't be discouraged from asking it - because chances are the rest of the group are wondering the same thing!

- You don't know what you don't know....

Most importantly, STAY SAFE and ENJOY yourself :)

I am based out of Cirencester, its a good station to be based at and we have the biggest LPA in Glospol. If you want to have a look round the station/ meet specials from Ciren then let me know as I can arrange it for you.

If you want to have a look round the station/ meet specials from Ciren then let me know as I can arrange it for you.

Without for one minute wanting to teach you to suck eggs buddy, just make sure you cover yourself by checking this out with your AO first. I know there are certain protocols for staiton visits - I know one of them is that uniform must not be worn...

Without for one minute wanting to teach you to suck eggs buddy, just make sure you cover yourself by checking this out with your AO first. I know there are certain protocols for staiton visits - I know one of them is that uniform must not be worn...

Thanks for your concern, I of course would clear it with all the relevant people. Thats why I said I would arrange it for him rather then I will show you around :p

Thanks for your concern, I of course would clear it with all the relevant people. Thats why I said I would arrange it for him rather then I will show you around :p

Good stuff :confused:

Can I just add that any visit of a non security vetted individual must be carefully controlled as until vetting is through we have a civilian in a restricted place, may sound harsh but please understand this is vital to the integrity of the force and specials.

Q

Sign in to follow this