Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
SierraMike88

Hi all!

hey guys, My name is Nino and I am currently in the process of applying to join the specials, this is my second attempt as I failed due to my interview last time.

I would love to get some advice from anyone, i have my Assessment Centre on the 28th of January and am quite nervous about it.

I would like to Police from Gloucester City Centre if I get in,

Would be great hearing from anyone already a Special or Applying.

Hi Nino,

Good luck with your application this time.

If it's your interview that let you down last time then practice really is the key. There are loads of websites offering advice etc for job interviews, this is much the same thing. I assume by your screen name that you were born in 1988, so are likely 23 or there abouts. Try to think of all the good life experiences you have and apply them to the police, for instance and jobs you've had, if applicable Uni, Moving out, children, and professional qualifications etc.

After all, in the interview you're just talking about you, this should be the subject you know the most about and are proud and passionate about. If you don't come across well then the interviewer will be left wandering how you will deal with confrontational situations, or when a real assertion of authority is required. Look them strait in the eye, sit yourself up strait and sound confident.

I know there are loads of active specials in Gloucester. Best of luck with your assessment and let us know how it goes either way!

Sam.

Morning,

Nino is a great name! more interesting then my name sad.gif The assessment day can be a very nervous experience, the team from HR do a great job and really know what they are doing. They are also a very friendly bunch, they are not there to catch you out or trick you. So just relax and be yourself. If you are unsure of a question then just ask, they will be more then happy to repeat or explain the question better.

As for the maths/english tests etc, just revise GCSE level and you will be fine. Maths was never a strong point for me, and I was expecting the worse. But I passed it with a pretty decent score so don't worry too much!

If you have any questions please ask, obviously we cannot give you too much info about the assessment as it wouldn't be fair on other candidates.

Best of luck.

djmh

I will also be joining you at that AC Nino - I'll keep an eye out for you to say hi.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Oliver

Hi guys, Thanks for all the advice :aok:

it is indeed correct that i am 23 and i shall take time to think about previous experiences to help me with my interview. and will also revise the maths as that also was not my strongest point

Thanks again guys

Hi Oliver, wish you the best of luck :angry: see you there!

Good luck to all of you. Just be aware that this is the first time we will be running the new format, national style assessment centre.

So the experience of those who have been through the process even recently won't be of the same exact process. I suggest relying very much on the paperwork and guidance sent out by Resourcing.

Thanks Forest Cop, i have heard many good things about you :whistle: i shall be studying the guidance as much as i can, hopefully have many encounters with you, and hopefully in a professional capacity soon also

Good luck to all of you. Just be aware that this is the first time we will be running the new format, national style assessment centre.

So the experience of those who have been through the process even recently won't be of the same exact process. I suggest relying very much on the paperwork and guidance sent out by Resourcing.

Thanks Forest Cop, i have heard many good things about you :whistle:

Is that something on the end of your nose, Mike? :D

Kidding.... good luck with the application :evil:

I am being totally honest when I say that, whilst it was nerve racking in places, and likely to be a little different to yours, my regulars assessment day at TVP really was good fun!!

The people were a really good bunch, and I'm chuffed that I'll probably be on an intake with them all :D

So on saturday, i completed my Assessment centre at HQ, and hopefully all went well, was a bit of a gibbering wreck in the interview to be honest, but hopefully haven't fluffed it, so now just to sit tight for the post to arrive within the next 20 days.

Hopefully it was say yes, and then i will be working along side some of you folks once I've completed training.

so did I :new_doh2: you know it said the intake was likely to be end of 2012/early 2013.. do we train and stuff before that do you know?

I spoke to them earlier and they said the training won't be till then fitness tests etc may happen soonish but training dates will not be tll later in year

I spoke to them earlier and they said the training won't be till then fitness tests etc may happen soonish but training dates will not be tll later in year

ahh dear.. did they give you any idea of timescale as to when the fitness test would be? is that the only stage left do you know?

Sign in to follow this