Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
samanthaS

Recruitment Advice Needed

On my first application to the Specials I recieved high scores on all the tests, including fitness. I got through right to the end until my personal vetting was done. Over one year ago, I had an argument with my husband, decided to have some time on my own and left off for the day. My husband got worried and reported me as a missing person; I was only gone for an afternoon!!!!. Consequently, because I did not state this on my application ( really did not think about it!), recruitment informed me that although it was not an offence, it was still on my notes!!!!

I was stunned that this affected my application and she advised me to try again in six months.

Does anyone have any advice about how long incident notes are kept on a persons file and whether it is worth applying again?

Kind Regards

Sammy :)

Edited by David
Fonts/sizes/colours changed to standard for ease of reading

On my first application to the Specials I recieved high scores on all the tests, including fitness. I got through right to the end until my personal vetting was done. Over one year ago, I had an argument with my husband, decided to have some time on my own and left off for the day. My husband got worried and reported me as a missing person; I was only gone for an afternoon!!!!. Consequently, because I did not state this on my application ( really did not think about it!), recruitment informed me that although it was not an offence, it was still on my notes!!!!

I was stunned that this affected my application and she advised me to try again in six months.

Does anyone have any advice about how long incident notes are kept on a persons file and whether it is worth applying again?

Kind Regards

Sammy :)

Just apply again, but declare it this time.

Edited by David
Quote amended

I think I am just going to apply again in October, That's the next recruitment date.

I will declare everything next time and if it still doesn't work then i'll take my second option of teaching.....

Thanks for all your comments!

Sammy ;)