Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Han Solo

Hi Guys!

Evening all

Just thought I would post here, my name is Andy, I've started my application with Gloucestershire Constabulary (who else!), this will be my second attempt after being unsuccessful at interview last time around.

Just awaiting my PIRT tests on the 11th July, and I believe if I pass that the interviews will start on the 1st August., really nervous about the interview as this is where I fell over last time.

I'm really keen to get in after hearing some stories from a good friend of mine who is in the Constabulary.

Would be looking to police from Gloucester City Centre if I pass though it all this time!

Look forward to hopefully work with some of you in the near future.

Hi TangoPapa,

Sorry to hear you failed your interview the first time but you should be in a great position to excel now as you know what to expect.

Good luck and keep us updated

Hello and good luck with the recruitment process. If you have any questions regarding Gloucestershire Constabulary then feel free to ask as we are a friendly bunch on here.

Dan

Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated.

I'm extremely nervous about the interview as I fell over here last time, just hope I don't make the same mistakes again!

Will keep the post updated, and I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way!

Edited by TangoPapa

Hi Andy,

I am a special at Gloucester central and we have a really friendly bunch of specials and we have a great working relationship with the regs too.

As far as I know the intake for June-Oct has passed and the one for Oct-Jan is full with 18 so worth speaking to recruitment when you are likely to start training.

Although long, the training is really good. We had 19 on our course and were like a big family and majority of us stay in contact.

Again if you need anymore advice or help just post a thread and will be happy to help where possible.

Good luck

Rich

Just to keep the post updated, passed my aptitude tests this morning - so well happy about that!

Interview is 01 August, really nervous about it, by going to do a lot of research on the role profile and what they might throw at me!

Hopefully 2nd time lucky!

• Like 1

Morning

Had my interview yesterday, walked away from HQ feeling pleased with the overall interview.

Received a phonecall this morning from Resourcing with "we are pleased to inform you".

So That's the hardest part out the way, I'm so pleased that I managed it this time around.

Medical is set for 22nd August - can't foresee any issues here.

Will keep updating as things progress.

Regards

Andy

That's great news! You have done all the hard parts now, medical you should be fine! You will be starting training before you know it!

Any news on where you will be based yet? I hear that not every new recruit gets the station they want these days, as some areas have little to no specials, so they are pushing them to these locations.

Once again congratulations and maybe our paths shall cross in the near future.

Thanks!

Nothing medically wrong with me so cant see it being an issue!

And I'm glad I got that out the way, likely be starting training in November

I mentioned Gloucester Central at interview and it was noted down, so I'd hope I get posted there, if not I did say the Forest so that would be Cinderford.

Maybe our paths may cross, you never know! :D

Will keep updating with medical / fitness results.

Regards

Andy

Well done on getting this far! In terms of postings, they do have a slight habit of going only on where you live when it comes down to it. So if you have a firm preference do keep mentioning it, don't rely on the fact that you mentioned it at interview. There's some logic to their process as it keeps the mileage which is sensible both financially (for the force) and personally ( you don't want to be driving long distances after a long shift). We also have to be careful not to start took many people at the same place at the same time or it can overwhelm the support systems like tutors and lockers.

Initial postings don't have to be permanent, people can and do move around.

Good luck with the rest of the process.

The only concern I have about postings Is at the moment I don't have a car, and only just starting to think about a motorbike or driving lessons, so I'm restricted to public transport.

My concern would be being posted to Cotswolds or Dursley, which are well out of the way and a pain to reach by bus. Cheltenham I wouldn't mind as it's manageable, but preferably I'd like GCC or Forest.

Will take the advice and keep mentioning it, might it help to explain my current situation and might It have some sway on posting?

Will push this to the back of my mind for now - medical & fitness still to go.

I am based on the Cotswold LPA, and public transport after I think 1830 is not great for getting to Cheltenham/Gloucester.

Sign in to follow this