Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
djmh

Custodian

How often do you guys wear your custodians on duty? And what kind of shifts are you working whilst wearing them?

Had my uniform fitting yesterday in Cheltenham and never realised how small my head was untill I put my custodian on! I look like an idiot!

The flat cap ( if this is it's correct term) on the other hand looks rather good.

All the time!

Inspectors decided that in this practical world of today we had to wear them all the time....they then decided that they didn't have to and they would wear flat caps.

Wonder if that is anything to do with wanting to make sure everyone could see that it was them in charge and not a wooden top!!!!!

Just a thought. :w00t:

As a general rule of thumb (or hat), particularly in GlosPol areas, the custodian is worn when on foot patrol.

I think you will find that most shift sergeants will insist on you wearing it when on foot patrol as it's part of your ppe, and whilst it may look a little silly (although you do get used to it) it does protect your head; whereas the flat cap offers little or no protection.

I personally do not wear the flattie unless I have to as I find it uncomfortable. Most of my shifts are in vehicles as I'm based in the Forest but when I do the occasional foot patrol in the city I always wear my Custodian (as do the other officers on foot)

Hope that answers your question a little!!

Sign in to follow this