Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
cfnbryn

NPIA / SC Changes in Dyfed-Powys

Original Source:

http://npia.police.uk/en/13093.htm#Wales

Dyfed Powys Police would be the first to admit that previously, despite a lot of good work being carried out locally, there was a lack of force vision, structure and corporacy in regard to the Special Constabulary (SC). However, the commitment that this Force has demonstrated to their SC during last 6 months has resulted in significant developments and improvements.

A new Force infrastructure was introduced and members of this team meet regularly to take forward the development of the SC and are currently delivering effective road shows across the Force area to reengage with their SC, inform them of the good work being carried out and taking onboard feedback from their officers.

The Force has embraced the recommendations of the National Strategy and have committed to introducing the National Recruitment Standards, Initial Learning for Special Constables and they have developed new procedures which will facilitate the collation of duty hours for the first time in this force and as a result will now be able to complete the national performance management Balanced Scorecard.

Work has recently been completed to reintroduce a SC rank structure and the profile of the SC has been significantly raised with the launch of an internal SC page on the Intranet, a commitment to dedicated space in their internal publications and regular articles being published in the local press. They continue to actively recruit and are utilising Employer Supported Policing (ESP) to assist following their commitment to the introduction ESP in force.

This Force has achieved a remarkable amount of excellent work in a very short space of time and are committed to continue this work to improve the motivation, retention and effectiveness of their Special Constabulary.

As the article above says, there are changes happening in Dyfed-powys' special constabulary, which include a re-introduced rank structure, Employer supported policing (with various levels), and many more changes which should improve our special constabulary. Also This should make the SC of DPP more professional and organised.

There have been four roadshows over the past month or so, one in each division.

The future looks good! :)

Good news indeed.

Read that article in work the other day, good to have some form of recognition.

Just hope we can carry it on.

Shall be trying my hand when it comes to the rank structure in any case.

Edited by W.H

Good news indeed.

Read that article in work the other day, good to have some form of recognition.

Just hope we can carry it on.

Shall be trying my hand when it comes to the rank structure in any case.

Aye it is great news, and I to really hope the good work continues.

I am looking at the rank structure and thinking I may as well give it a go. Is the Intranet page up yet?

Edited by cfnbryn

I believe we now follow the national recruitment standards, so yes it will be slightly different to the Recruitment process that I posted on this website.

Aye it is great news, and I to really hope the good work continues.

I am looking at the rank structure and thinking I may as well give it a go. Is the Intranet page up yet?

Not that i've come across as yet. It could be hidden anywhere on the intranet and not found for years, there's that many pages on there.

Any particular rank you like the look of?

Not that i've come across as yet. It could be hidden anywhere on the intranet and not found for years, there's that many pages on there.

Any particular rank you like the look of?

Well depending on how many there will be per section... special sergeant, or special inspector. Probably sergeant though,

Intranet site is now up and running. It's what i'd deem "interesting" innocent.gif

Intranet site is now up and running. It's what i'd deem "interesting" innocent.gif

How many pictures of me are on it?

Hmmm... Im in tomorrow for a late/night shift... will have a look at it then and will report back, and possibly send you an internal heckle/email about it!

How many pictures of me are on it?

Hmmm... Im in tomorrow for a late/night shift... will have a look at it then and will report back, and possibly send you an internal heckle/email about it!

Did see one of you.

Its just a bit empty at the moment, needs beefing up.

Well I have just done days one and two of the 'new' specials course. Should be interesting.

For general information the course runs over six months and includes four fitness tests and at least two exams with a final written exam at the end.

Well I have just done days one and two of the 'new' specials course. Should be interesting.

For general information the course runs over six months and includes four fitness tests and at least two exams with a final written exam at the end.

Was nice to meet you this weekend Sam, and thought the training was well delivered, and am looking forward to the next weekend of training !

Glad you both enjoyed.

Where are you both hoping to be based?

I'll be in Tenby

Keep you busy down there anyway. Know a few of the specials in Tenby.

How many are on your course and any idea where they're all going?

Sign in to follow this