2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PrimeCut

PrimeCut

Getting There

• Members

• 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:04 pm

Evening all,

Just curious if anyone had info/insight to share as I've been waiting on a reply from the horses mouth (MDP) for a while now.

Basically, the part about having "GCSEs (or equivalent) English and Maths grade C" meaning you can skip the competency questions - does anyone know what an acceptable 'equivalent' is? I ask because I have a BTEC qualification 'equivalent' to 4 GCSEs A*-C and a Key Skills qualification 'equivalent' to a C in English - and am hoping that could save me some time/risk on answering the preliminary questions.

Failing that if anyone had a telephone number for HR I'd be much obliged.

#2 OFFLINE   SCkev

SCkev

Training

• Members

• 335 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:00 am

Essex Police use this as part of the application

Have reached an educational standard of 2 x A levels (or above) or an equivalent ‘Level 3’ qualification.

#3 OFFLINE   Oscar_24

Oscar_24

Learning Curve

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:37 pm

Evening all,

Just curious if anyone had info/insight to share as I've been waiting on a reply from the horses mouth (MDP) for a while now.

Basically, the part about having "GCSEs (or equivalent) English and Maths grade C" meaning you can skip the competency questions - does anyone know what an acceptable 'equivalent' is? I ask because I have a BTEC qualification 'equivalent' to 4 GCSEs A*-C and a Key Skills qualification 'equivalent' to a C in English - and am hoping that could save me some time/risk on answering the preliminary questions.

Failing that if anyone had a telephone number for HR I'd be much obliged.

Look up ministry of defence - police on Facebook. Look at their last posting as someone else has asked this. I believe the reply was you can. The recruitment team are really quick to respond/helpful.

Goodluck

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users