Photo
- - - - -

Parks Law Enforcement (London)

arrest/detention batons blues and twos body armour handcuffs helmet other emergency services

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Mr Random

Mr Random

PS.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:33 pm

I'll have to try and get a fresh copy, I can't find the one I had

#27 OFFLINE   Mr Random

Mr Random

PS.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:03 pm

Our bye laws at blahblah borough council are under the 1875 act and s12/s15 of the 1906 open spaces act so in theory the one covering hindrance Carrys a power of arrest as soon as details are refused worth knowing

#28 OFFLINE   Mr Random

Mr Random

PS.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:17 pm

Looking like Havering are going sworn with PPE

#29 OFFLINE   Dark_Island

Dark_Island

Training

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:09 pm

I have never heard of such forces before, although I am not surprised as I know campuses around the UK have independent forces (or used to).

#30 OFFLINE   Mr Random

Mr Random

PS.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:12 pm

I think only Oxford and Cambridge had actual constabularies

#31 OFFLINE   Dark_Island

Dark_Island

Training

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:17 pm

I think only Oxford and Cambridge had actual constabularies

Just those two, I thought it would have been a bit more geographically diverse. Thanks for letting me know I knew some did anyhow. :)

#32 OFFLINE   Mr Random

Mr Random

PS.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:33 pm

I'm not 100% sure on that but they're the two I remember for certain

#33 OFFLINE   Dark_Island

Dark_Island

Training

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:36 pm

I'm not 100% sure on that but they're the two I remember for certain

One force I know exists, and is somewhat local to me is the Port of Glasgow Police. That surprised me that such a force exists though. I know in Belfast they have 'Harbour Police', which I thought to be normal as they may act as an anti-terrorist force given the history... 

#34 OFFLINE   Mr Random

Mr Random

PS.com Staff

• Moderators
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:01 pm

Still active? There's several ports and harbour police in the UK I'll do a list later

#35 OFFLINE   Dark_Island

Dark_Island

Training

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:09 pm

Still active? There's several ports and harbour police in the UK I'll do a list later

I am unsure if they are still active, I have ever seen them in the flesh. I just seen them being mentioned on this site and I tried to look into them. They do not have an official website though. Very hard force to find out about if interested in that field of work. 

#36 OFFLINE   Crucible

Crucible

Forum Fixture

• 12,858 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:58 pm

Just those two, I thought it would have been a bit more geographically diverse. Thanks for letting me know I knew some did anyhow. :)

The Universities Act 1825 only applies to Cambridge and Oxford universities. Perhaps this was driven by Oxbridge snobbery?

Interestingly enough, the constables are sworn in by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor, rather than a Magistrate.

Also, they retain civil liability for their own actions. So, if they do something wrong then they can be personally sued. This contrasts with a police force, where the force itself can find itself in the dock or is the one making out of court settlements. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arrest/detention, batons, blues and twos, body armour, handcuffs, helmet, other emergency services

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users