Sign in to follow this  
Ryback

NPPF - Sgt exam, Study materials...

Apologies for posting this in the parade room but...

1. I tried every search imaginable and was unable to find a straight forward answer.

2. I didn't want to post it outside of serving police officers in case I get PM'd by a salesman who end's up taking a months pay from me.

What would you all recommend as a purchase for studying for the NPPF sgt exam?

I have looked at the prices for Blackstones on amazon and it's about £90 for the 4 volumes + Q&A.  Blackstones also have a subsription for online access which is about £140 for 12 months.

The only place I can find the crammers books is on police-pass.co.uk - for four books its £79.99 (prices extend to £420 for online videos etc)

There's a lot of different options but which one would give me all the material I would need to pass the exam?

On 5/1/2017 at 23:56, Zerotolerance said:

Four volume set here for £69 on Amazon 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstones-Police-Manuals-2017-Four-x/dp/0198783043/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PAF7YC3S5C9JJ1GKF3V6

I believe it is safe to assume that these are pretty decent, college of policing recommend them for exams

Investing my bank holiday pay in police study books, let's hope it pays off well! 

On 5/3/2017 at 20:41, Ryback said:

Investing my bank holiday pay in police study books, let's hope it pays off well! 

I mean Amazon are pretty good, if you don't like them you can always return the books. How is it going so far? 

Police Pass online tutorials are very good, they literally talk you through the legislation and its a good way of learning if you don't do as well absorbing information from reading books.

Ended up using the police Q&A from amazon and the tom barron crammers.... so far so good! 

Only problem, my roads policing application is progressing... all good things come at once...

Sign in to follow this