Stripe

ADVOKATE in cyber crime statements

Recently I took a statement for a lady who had been receiving some fairly nasty threats over Facebook messenger. I included all points to prove for TTK but was unsure about ADVOKATE on the end.

My reason for confusion is as such; ADVOKATE are identification principles included at the end of a statement as a way to ID an offender. But if the offender is ID'd by their facebook profile and is known to the victim through an online connection does it need to be done?

I must admit I didn't include it, although it would have been more sensible to play it safe and put it in any way.

Too many people bang on about putting ADVOKATE into every statement. It's not needed. It should go into statements where it's needed only. Shoving it into every statement shows a lack of understanding about what it actually relates to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indiana Jones said:

Too many people bang on about putting ADVOKATE into every statement. It's not needed. It should go into statements where it's needed only. Shoving it into every statement shows a lack of understanding about what it actually relates to.

Thanks for that. I figured as much at the time but just wanted to double check.