MaggotPig

Fitness test - a little clarification needed!

I'm keen to give the bleep test a trial run before I do it for real on Sunday (eek!). I haven't run since May and have been told specifically not to run while undergoing physio for a hip injury so I'm a little worried!

I know the required minimum level is 4 shuttles at level 5, but is it 4 shuttles at each level before going to the next, or 7?

I've looked at several bleep test apps and they all go to 7 shuttles before increasing to the next level, so was just looking for a little clarification before I give it a trial run.

Thank you!

As far as I'm aware, COP guidelines are to use the one with 7 shuttles.

Keep in mind though, there may be a warm up to level 4, and then it drops back to 0 and you go up to 5.4.

Best of luck - it is easier than you think! Let us know how it goes :aok:

Thank you, I'm sure I'll be fine but I've never done a bleep test in my life! My regular spin instructor at the gym is ex police and he said I'll have no trouble doing it, so fingers crossed!

5.4 with 7 shuttles I think mine was. I passed and my fitness is awful so I'm sure you'll manage it with ease. There's an app you can download though, just mark out 15m in a gym with cones or something and you'll get there

The guys at the gym have just done me a bleep test. 15m is further than I thought!!

The guys at the gym have just done me a bleep test. 15m is further than I thought!!

Good luck for yours tomorrow. Can't believe I have to be there so early. I'm no stranger to early mornings but I'm not looking forward to such an early start. I've just set the heating to come on for 4am so I don't freeze!

Paid Membership Required

There are 7 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.