Sign in to follow this  
Fenix13

Assessment Day Oct 2016

Hi, just out of curiosity when did you apply and how long did it take to get a response from HR? Good luck with your assessment :)

Hi, I applied for Torness onto the 24/05/16 and got a response and the initial medical info requests on the 30/06/16 since then it was just a waiting game but I got an email on the 08/9/16 to confirm my assessment day in October so not the fastest process but it did initially say that it could take up to a year on the application so I won't complain lol have you applied for anywhere yet?

Thanks for the info. I applied on the 29/08/16 for Hunterston but haven't heard anything back yet so i've just been twiddling my thumbs waiting for a response. I reckon it has to be one of the longest recruitment processes I've ever heard of but definitely worth the wait if successful......fingers crossed :)

That's not too bad but if your curious about your application you can just call HR for an update, I had to call them twice and they were always really helpful so maybe give that a try. Good luck with your application hope you get some info soon :-)

On 05/10/2016 at 10:26, Seb97 said:

Thanks for the info. I applied on the 29/08/16 for Hunterston but haven't heard anything back yet so i've just been twiddling my thumbs waiting for a response. I reckon it has to be one of the longest recruitment processes I've ever heard of but definitely worth the wait if successful......fingers crossed :)

Good luck Seb! I almost got Hunterston last year before I decided to pull out. Nothing against the job though, the decision was more personal.

On 26/02/2017 at 23:05, Dark_Island said:

Good luck Seb! I almost got Hunterston last year before I decided to pull out. Nothing against the job though, the decision was more personal.

Thanks mate, I passed AC back in January so now just waiting for medical and vetting so hopefully they go smoothly and I'll start training soon :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seb97 said:

Thanks mate, I passed AC back in January so now just waiting for medical and vetting so hopefully they go smoothly and I'll start training soon :) 

Excellent stuff. How did you find the AC because I was 1 week away before withdrawing. :)

I actually found the experience as a whole to be pretty chilled. The day started with a few presentations about the CNC regarding training, career progression, shift patterns etc. They also explained the realities of working in the CNC and being an AFO- basically making sure you're not under any illusion that the CNC is like traditional policing. The panel interview was understandably quite intense and formal but the rest of the day was very relaxed and all the CNC staff were very friendly and helpful. It was also good to chat with fellow applicants and find out about their backgrounds and whatnot. Do you think you will be re-applying in the future? :)

• Like 1

That's good to hear. As long as it was relaxing and comfortable. I think interviews are naturally tense, as long as you don't let it get to you and act natural and be yourself :) 

I applied on October 2015 and was due for the Assessment Centre on March 2016. I pulled out due to personal circumstances. Since then I am back in a position where I can apply. However, I have this time applied for Police Scotland (just got my email through for receipt of application today). When I had the time to think after I withdrew I concluded that 'traditional' policing was the best for me, it's the part of policing that I have been interested the most, and the longest. Don't get me wrong, I was serious about the CNC and knew exactly what I was applying for. The role of the CNC was certainly an attraction, and a unique style of policing. And had I not withdrawn and got in I would have stuck with it until the end. To answer your question I can see myself applying in the future. But it's a long way off in the distance. I might only consider it when I am in my late 30's or early 40's when Police Officers normally leave, and transfer to the CNC and enjoy my time their until retirement. So the CNC is very much still on the table, I just won't be joining until about 15 to 25 years time. A Hunterston C is being floated around but nothing solid as of yet. It would really, if I still wish to stay local in 15 to 25 years time would be my only option for posting. Although, even if a Hunterston C doesn't happen the decommissioning process can take an age, so I am sure it will be around for very long as with the CNC in that area. 

Edited by Dark_Island

Ah good luck with your Police Scotland application, HO policing is certainly a good way to go as it's a very varied and dynamic role. I live in close proximity to Hunterston and i've noticed the CNC have a very active presence within the local area so it would be ideal for me to work in a familiar community. I personally chose the CNC over HO because I currently work in a counter terrorism security role and i'm also attracted to the quiet and mellow nature of the job....... until it really hits the fan of course😂

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this