Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

American agent at Royal International Air Tattoo?

Anyone know what agency this guy is with ... doesn't look like UK police, maybe American? But not sure what he'd be doing at the Royal International Air Tattoo.

361221D800000578-3679511-image-a-68_1467

361219C500000578-3679511-image-a-1_14679

Looks like US Secret Service to me.

Quite why they'd be interested in Kate & George, I've no idea, unless there were some high ranking yanks in the immediate area too?

Nothing too odd with being on the base itself though, RAF Fairford has been a USAF outpost since about 1943 iirc and is currently home to the 420th Air Base Group (USAF Europe).

Was on the base myself a couple of months ago, big american motors everywhere, and even the Brits on the base drive them as they're all supplied by Uncle Sam. :)

Could be anyone. The badge at his hip would suggest not UK based, but he may be one of the US service police, or a civilian agent under one of a number of different agencies.

In addition to the above suggestions. When I've been to RIAT before, certain planes have actually had security detachments with them. I would suggest it's entirely possible he's there not for Kate and George, but for one of the planes, and the photographer has just happened to get him in the shot.

US have Law Enforcement in the UK permanently, although they have no actual powers in the UK beyond dealing with US Service Personnel.

NCIS have people dotted around supporting the US Military.

4 minutes ago, panda plodder said:

United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations, the USAF equivalent of NCIS. RAF Fairford is a US base

That doesn't look like an OSI badge. 

13 minutes ago, funkywingnut said:

That doesn't look like an OSI badge. 

On the top photo, you will see the badge is rounded with a little stubbie bit at the bottom, which is what the OSI badge is. I've had dealings with OSI in the past

Edited by panda plodder
perils of using a smartphone in replying

37 minutes ago, panda plodder said:

On the top photo, you will see the badge is rounded with a little stubbie bit at the bottom, which is what the OSI badge is. I've had dealings with OSI in the past

I see your point, I concede to your badge expertise :)

1 hour ago, AmeriCop said:

The US has all kinds of tentacles about, DEA, ATF, SS, DPS. Military Poiice.Etc

NCIS as well, they are hugely helpful. 

On 3/14/2017 at 04:47, funkywingnut said:

NCIS as well, they are hugely helpful. 

Glad they helped you out!  lol

On 4/28/2017 at 02:57, funkywingnut said:

And they get us access to the American PX, which is more important :)

Discounted booze and tobacco... Do PX in UK gave gas/petrol?

There are 6 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this