Sign in to follow this  
duainep

Failed my vetting! Gutted isn't the word!

Just heard back from Gloucestershire Constabulary and they have informed me I have failed my vetting! I've worked so hard for this and to say the least I am absolutely gutted! 😕 guess that's the end of the road for me 😭

That's really frustrating! Sorry to hear it.

I don't understand why they leave vetting so far down the recruitment process. It would make more sense to do it upfront then it would manage numbers. There seems little pointing paying to put an applicant through the assessment centre, medicals etc only for them to find out they can go no further with the process. Plus the time put in by the applicant.

Absolutely gutted! Worst feeling ever! The way I'm feeling at the moment I'm not going to bother trying again because if I don't get it next time it will just frustrate me more I think - i disclosed everything, never been in trouble with the police or nothing so really don't know what went wrong 😭 sending a letter to the main vetting manager to see if I can have any information on why I was denied :(

Sorry to hear that, but you wont find out the reasons due to Data Protection Laws if it involves your family/partners/associates etc

You can request a subject request check on yourself, I don't know which police force you are applying to, the MET Police has a page http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Making-a-subject-access-request/1400005855548/infomationaboutyourself So check with your police force.

If you are sure you have never been cautioned/fined or had any police involvement, then its your family/someone close to you or your finances.

I am truly sorry to hear this, duainep. I would most definitely submit an appeal against this decision and include character references and the like too.

You must also be aware that the failure may not be down to you. It could be due to family members, associates etc. Possibly even something like employment.

I know it's disheartening but try not to just kick up stinks. Consider a well thought out and detailed appeal letter and I can assure you that people HAVE passed vetting appeals after being knocked back.

Good luck and God bless :)

Another option might be to look for civilian roles within the police, will give you something to be doing whilst you're reassessing whether to apply again and give you some good experience and insight into the role and generally the vetting isn't as extensive as for a police officer's position. Once you're there you might be in a better position to understand why you were unsuccessful this time and what you can do in the future. Thing to remember is that anything worth having won't necessarily come easily and you might have to put some real effort in but it'll make it all the more worthwhile in the end.

Another option might be to look for civilian roles within the police, will give you something to be doing whilst you're reassessing whether to apply again and give you some good experience and insight into the role and generally the vetting isn't as extensive as for a police officer's position.

That's not strictly true. Police Staff roles require the same level of getting as a Police Officer. In fact, for some roles Police Staff actually have a higher level of vetting.

Sign in to follow this