Sign in to follow this  
SB123

Just starting out

I have just submitted my application to join Lincs Police as a Special Constable, just wanted to hear other peoples experiences of applying, training and being a Special Constable with Lincs Police. :wave:

Hi there and welcome. I am a Special with Lincs and cannot speak highly enough...hope it goes well, what intake are you hoping for? I think there's one in Aug, so fingers croosed for you for that one. Any preferences as to where you want to be?

• Like 1

Hi Yale69, I have literally just put my application in - I guess it depends how quickly the process takes - fingers crossed for August for sure!!

I have put down Stamford on my application - again I guess I will have to wait and see.

I have heard lots of good things about Lincs so I'm eager to get started (presuming I pass everything). Great to speak to someone who is already a Special with Lincs - how long have you been serving?

Have been a Special for a couple of years now and still enjoying it, I work with a really good team and look forward to my shifts. I had heard that the closing date was tomorrow so well done and I hope it happens for you. You looking to join the regs?

• Like 2

Have always wanted to be a Reg but happy to become a Special first, see how things go and if it is for me and I am for it (I'm pretty sure it will be!!).

Didn't realise there was a closing date on Specials - website still shows they are recruiting??

Where are you based Yale69?

So I have passed Application Form stage - next step Interview! (Dates still to be confirmed). :yes:

Anyone else applied as SC to Lincs and also awaiting interview dates??

Good luck I spent 4 good years in Lincolnshire at the end of my specials says. I can say that it is the best and as a SC you are part of the team from day 1.

• Like 1

Congrats on passing and good luck with the rest of the application. I am based in Spalding. Did you go to the Spalding recruitment evening?

• Like 1

I have heard that Lincs really make their Specials part of the team - this is important for me as I want work closely with the Regs and feel that sense of team.

No I didn't attend the recruitment evening in Spalding Yale69 - I guess it would have been beneficial, any more lined up do you know?

Got a provisional interview date now - HR are still awaiting confirmation of date from someone..... No idea who but they say they are still waiting!

I have my interview tomorrow! What I don't know about Lincolnshire Police is not worth knowing and I have thought long and hard about my answers - if i'm not ready now I never will be!

Fingers Crossed!

result?

Really pleased to pass interview stage!!! Vetting forms submitted now and awaiting medical and fitness assessments!

One step closer - still several steps to - still really chuffed! :yes::yes:

So I have got the dates for my Medical and Fitness assessments. If I am honest I am finding myself getting really nervous about the Fitness assessment - not sure why just hoping I can make the grade :ermm:

Nothing to worry about, a very basic level of fitness

Thanks KJ - I have looked into the fitness and seems fairly basic...

Paid Membership Required

There are 11 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.
Sign in to follow this