Sign in to follow this  
Skeptocynic

Studying Roadcraft

Advice please fellows regs (or anyone with v&a).

Roadcraft: It has a lot of chapters, over 250 pages. Is it simply a case of read EVERYTHING? or are there some chapters I need to focus on more than others?

My force offers no advice for the pre-response course exam, so I'm a little lost.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks

Selveral years since I did my Advanced course and exam, but seen to remember most of the questions being drawn from the highlighted summary section every few pages

As above, ive done the exams twice (for standard and advanced) just study the summary mostly and have a light read through, it's multiple choice and often very common sense.

And as my instructor taught me, "when in doubt, flat out!"

I read it all, and was glad I did, I think I got a question from every chapter. Before I started my blues course I was told that I definitely had to read chapter 1 before getting there. Then read the rest during the course.

I read it all before getting there, it made getting the system of car control a lot easier practically!

I read it all, and was glad I did, I think I got a question from every chapter. Before I started my blues course I was told that I definitely had to read chapter 1 before getting there. Then read the rest during the course.

I read it all before getting there, it made getting the system of car control a lot easier practically!

Absolutely agree, have a good read of it all and really know a couple of the sections or topics - so things like observation, or overtaking, pedestrians. It can help ease the pressure during the course - nothing worse than having a problem with the driving AND having to learn roadcraft. Don't forget the Highway Code by doing as many online tests asps double till you consistently get them all correct