Sign in to follow this  
DB11

Police Officer Recruitment 2014

Surprised I hadn't seen a thread on this, so unless there's one elsewhere Derbyshire have opened for police officer recruitment on Tuesday 6th May however be quick as it closes on Friday 9th May

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/Careers/A-Career-With-Us/Officer-Recruitment/Police-Officer-Vacancies.aspx

The Process

The first stage of the process is a compulsory online assessment which needs to be completed by all external applicants. This consists of three stages:

Stage 1: Online registration and a questionnaire to check you are eligible

Stage 2: Online test to assess whether you have the skills to be a police officer

Stage 3: Online test to assess whether you have the aptitude to be an excellent police officer

All candidates who demonstrate in Stage 1 that they are eligible to work as a police officer will be invited to take the assessment test at Stage 2. As we only have a limited number of application forms to allocate for places on courses in 2015 onwards, we are looking for the best candidates. Those who score well on the Stage 2 test will be invited to continue to Stage 3 and those who score most highly on Stage 3 will be allocated an application form.

To apply, you must complete Stage 1 of the online registration and eligibility questionnaire between 10am on Tuesday, May 6, 2014, and 3pm on Friday, May 9, 2014.

• Like 1

I have done the eligibility test only to be told that I don't meet the criteria because I don't have a formal level 3 qualification. I emailed recruitment stating that Im a special constable and asked if this was sufficient to which they said no as the winsor report states new pc applicant's must have a level 3 qualification or above.

I then emailed them back saying that it also states experience as a PCSO or Special Constable is also sufficient. The reply I got was that there's nothing they can do as they are following the rules of the report but I don't feel like they are. If they are going to follow something at least follow it properly.

I thought the police service was all about equal opportunities so them saying that somebody with an A-level in woodwork is more suitable to do the role of PC as me that actually does that role on a voluntary basis is bending the rules to suite I think.

Stage 2 becomes open tomorrow and closes on Friday the 16th. Stage 3 opens on 20th and closes on 24th. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Hello all!

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how many people they are going to be taking on? Good luck to all those who have already applied.

Failed boooo no feedback just said I didn't score enough.

Unlucky mate, plenty more times to apply. How did they tell you? Post, phone, e-mail? No feedback is rubbish!

Paid Membership Required

There are 382 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.
Sign in to follow this