Prohibit

Hi everyone- First post here.

Hello everybody.

I've been a reader of this forum for the last couple of months and decided it was about time to register.

I sent off my application form on the 14th January so I could be expecting to hear back any time soon. I did ring West Mercia Police and they told me I should hear back within 4-6 weeks but I'm really anxious and hope that I have been invited to the assessment centre. I'll be gutted if I haven't made it through the paper sift because I spent a long time handing writing my application. I went through rewriting about 20 pages of my application because it was near impossible to handwrite it without accidentally slipping up a letter with my pen!

I live on the outskirts of Gloucester but at the time when I was applying to be a special in December, Gloucester were not taking on any new applicants which is why I have applied to West Merica. If I am fortunate to get through, I'm hoping to be based in Hereford because that's the closest main city to me that West Mercia covers.

Anyway, fingers crossed :)

Hey good luck! This forum is the best thing around for support and information on guiding you through your potential career in a police force. There lots of people all at different stages so have a look through all the posts or ask :)

Best of luck with your application. I would like to echo the above comments. If you are ever stuck with anything or need any information/guidance, just ask :new_yummy:

Prohibit,

Depending on how long your application takes (things change all the time) you may find looking at Ledbury better as your travelling time will most likely be less? We have at least one SC who lives gloucestershire area and works Ledbury. Hereford is another 20/30mins on. Welcome to the forum, if you need anything feel free to ask.

Prohibit,

Depending on how long your application takes (things change all the time) you may find looking at Ledbury better as your travelling time will most likely be less? We have at least one SC who lives gloucestershire area and works Ledbury. Hereford is another 20/30mins on. Welcome to the forum, if you need anything feel free to ask.

To be honest I'm not that fussed and want to leave my options open to help give me the best possible chance. As long as it's not too far North, I would say Worcester would be my limit. The reason why I put down Hereford is because I'd ideally like to be working in a larger city area and Ledbury is quite small. However I'd be happy to volunteer wherever I am positioned.

I had thought that if I'm successful and after I've been a Special for 2 years, then I could apply for a transfer to Gloucestershire if I wish.

Anyway, one step at a time.... :)

It's been over 6 weeks since I sent my application off so I rang recruitment to find out what was going on. They told me that my form is in the next pile ready to have the basic paper sift. Then it'll go off to be marked so they expect it to be another 2-4 weeks till I hear anything back. :(

Edited by Prohibit

The wait will fly by when the ball gets moving and you have dates to attend certain stages. The worse wait has been now... waiting to see if I will be accepted and that special email saying I hopefully start training april, rather than the other email no one wants to see! Just be patient, its part of the whole process :o)

As a new hope said, we applied over a year ago and still waiting!

Welcome to the forum,

As people here have already said, it takes time. There is still alot going on in west mercia like estate changes ect that are still settling down, and with the specials recruitment drive they have just started theres a good chance they have alot of paperwork to get through, but as others have said be patient it does take time.

Don't forget, any questions just post them on here and i'm sure someone will be able to answer them.

PCW

Patience is key to this whole process. I know its not easy waiting but once the dates start coming in it will fly by. Good luck

I've found out today and unfortunately I didn't make it through to the assessment centre :( I scored a grade C in both my competency questions and needed either an A or a B to make it through. I suppose I will try again in 6 months time if I can think of some better answers to the questions!

I've found out today and unfortunately I didn't make it through to the assessment centre :( I scored a grade C in both my competency questions and needed either an A or a B to make it through. I suppose I will try again in 6 months time if I can think of some better answers to the questions!

Ah, better luck next time my friend. All parts of the process are difficult, but be persistent and try not to be too down about it all, give it 6 months and apply again and in that time, have a think of different answers to the competencies :)

Best of luck for next time!

Feel for you mate, I didn'y make it through first time either, but it gives you chance to work on your answers for the competencies and also maybe visit your local SNT officer as well :)

Good luck for the next time!!

Paid Membership Required

There are 4 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.