Sign in to follow this  
MetMe

Police SEARCH® Recruit Assessment Centre

Does anyone know of ANY force/constabulary that will take a pass Police SEARCH Recruit Assessment Centre certificate that was taken in August 2012.

I understand they are valid for a period of 12 months, however, I have heard of some forces extending this to 18/24 months.

Unfortunately the force I initially applied to had only 18 positions with many many more successful applications and so understandably worked from the top down in order of pass mark. I obviously never made it into the top 18, however, I did pass to the national standard.

It seems only now that forces are starting to once again open up recruitment after many years of freezing them.

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks

What was your score? 

56%

Theyre valid 24 months, but some forces may only take results gained within the last 12 months.

Sorry I don't have my certificate to hand, does it say 24 months on the actual certificate? I always thought it was 12 months.

Do you know of any forces accepting results within the past 18-24 months then?

I dont know to be honest. I always remember being told they were valid 24 months, but some forces put their own time frames on them, like 12-18 months.

I really hope it's 24 months.. As soon as I get home I will dig it out and have a look what it says on the actual paperwork that came with it, I've tried looking online at ANY forces currently recruiting and I can't seem to find anything regarding accepting previous assessment centre pass results and at what level or timeframe.

Little frustrating but if anyone knows of any time frames or policies for any forces currently recruiting that would be great.

Or the policy of The Met, I understand there Jan 2014 recruitment drive has now closed but I'm hoping they will open another one later in the year and hopefully they will accept my previous result. Although I won't be holding my breath.

Different forces treat them differently, I know a force that honoured them almost 3 years old but when I did mine it did state they only last 12 months

Most forces have put their pass marks to 60%. You may be limited by this requirement.

Yeh. I understand the Met may still accept 55% though but I cant find anywhere confirming this nor the length of time they will accept it before insisting you retake the assessment.

I know a couple of people who have got in at the Met. I'll text them and come back to you.

That would be fantastic, thank you.

MetMe MPS entry is 55%, certificates valid for two years. Contact HR direct, they are crying out for people and you're in a strong position with a valid SEARCH. It means you'll go straight to Day Two and vetting.

There are 18 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this