Sign in to follow this  
robfuller88

Recruitment Final Interview

Good morning,

I have my Senior officer interview this Thursday and was hoping for some guidance. I've prepared for my competency based questions, with a few back up answers in case. I have done some research into the Kent police crime plan, taking figures and goals into account. I have thought about my motivations for wanting to join. I was just wondering if there is any other topics you feel I should brush up on? Is it wise to prepare for scenario questions or any other little suprises?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by robfuller88
  • Like 1

Good Morning Rob,

I would research what groups there are within the Police to support individuals who relate to any of the different strands of diversity (e.g. GPA, LGBT, NBPA Groups). I had a few questions presented to me in my final interview for the regs that were of that nature.

Best of luck.

good evening Southland,

Thanks for the advice,I will look into that area of the force. do you mind if I ask, was the interview very formal and structured, like the assessment centre interview? or more informal.

Good Evening. Mine was quite formal, much like the AC, although you are allowed more time to answer the questions.

If you have got this far, and you are preparing well (which you clearly are), then you have nothing to worry about.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply been very busy at work and home. I had my medical 2 weeks now and had an email yesterday saying that my intake would be 31st march security check depending. Have you had any progress

Hi,

applying for Kent regs. i have my home visit in a couple of hours, slightly nervous now as I was told by recruitment that this is the final part off my file in order to be signed off.

Hi,

applying for Kent regs. i have my home visit in a couple of hours, slightly nervous now as I was told by recruitment that this is the final part off my file in order to be signed off.

What is the necessity of a home visit? I thought they stopped doing those years ago.

all done start on the 31St!! well my home visit consisted of a sergeant coming round. it was structured yet informal. He had a set questionnaire to go through with me, mainly confirming my identity and that the details I provided throughout the recruitment process hadn't changed. there was also a section on your personal views on certain issues that the police have to deal with and finally what your expectations of the job are. After that it was just a general chat. From what he said at the end of he interview, he then goes away sends over my questionnaire responses and his general opinion on how I was as a person.