Sign in to follow this  
hopeless_place

Hummm

Mean person. I try to always pick uncontroversial topics.

Thats the flaw in the system, People are to scared to post their own thoughts in fear of a number, Look at mine, -70, and who honestly gets mad at that? People still talk to me in a mature way and vice versa. nothing to worry about, ow and I just + you so now your in positive.new_yes.gif

Edited by MrKguy

See, now this (sort of thread (nothing against you personally hopeless place)) really winds me up. In what way at all is this proper use of the reputation system?

Would people +1 a post that said "please +1 this post"? or "my reputation is bad, please +1 as many posts of mine as you can to make me look better"?

Your reputation score will (over time) find it's own natural level. Stop worrying about it, and whatever reputation the rest of the forum users think you deserve will eventually come your way.

Thats the flaw in the system, People are to scared to post their own thoughts in fear of a number, Look at mine, -70, and who honestly gets mad at that? People still talk to me in a mature way and vice versa. nothing to worry about, ow and I just + you so now your in positive.new_yes.gif

It's not a flaw in the system MrK, it's a flaw in human nature. One should never be scared of having an opinion (and voicing it). It might be the correct opinion, or it might be the wrong opinion, but the important thing is that you have an opinion at all.

Some will agree with you, some won't, but that's true of real life as well as an internet forum. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2