Sign in to follow this  
Windhill

[Suggestion] Stop making suggestions.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!! :rolleyes:

This won't make me any friends:

Do we really need to discuss whether automatic capitalisation of topics or whether a slightly lighter shade of yellow smiley would be more beneficial? Yes, I know I'm over dramatising.

The mods do a fantastic job, as does LV with making beneficial improvements. Chances are, if something hasn't been done there is a good reason behind it. If we carry on like this we'll end up with pages of unnecessary 'suggestions'.

Perhaps a single suggestions topic will do for anyone who feels the need to take it upon themselves to decide they can run this place better than it already is

Annnnnnnnnd stanby for -1ing. :)

Edited by Windhill
  • Like 9

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!! :)

This won't make me any friends:

Do we really need to discuss whether automatic capitalisation of topics or whether a slightly lighter shade of yellow smiley would be more beneficial? Yes, I know I'm over dramatising.

The mods do a fantastic job, as does LV with making beneficial improvements. Chances are, if something hasn't been done reason behind it. If we carry on like this we'll end up with pages of unnecessary 'suggestions'.

Perhaps a single suggestions topic will do for anyone who feels the need to take it upon themselves to decide they can run this place better than it already is

Annnnnnnnnd stanby for -1ing. :)

Is this a suggestion or a comment? :rolleyes:

Is this a suggestion or a comment? :rolleyes:

Yes but it's directed at the forum members as opposed to those who run the forum. :)

Joking aside, we are happy to receive feedback and suggestions - that doesn't mean that we will always run with every suggestion put forward, but they will certainly be considered on their own merits before a decision one way or the other is made.

Automatic capitalisation of topics would be an excellent thing to do! It is only a couple of lines of javascript to add to the new topic form...

See what you've done?

Edited by David
Weird formatting removed

Automatic capitalisation of topics would be an excellent thing to do! It is only a couple of lines of javascript to add to the new topic form...

See what you've done?

Oh no :whistle:

I've made a suggestion within a suggestion. I can't cope.:aok:

Are you suggesting that we no longer suggest or make any suggestive comments, unless we suggest we make comments instead.?......:confused:

Yes but it's directed at the forum members as opposed to those who run the forum. :huh:

Joking aside, we are happy to receive feedback and suggestions - that doesn't mean that we will always run with every suggestion put forward, but they will certainly be considered on their own merits before a decision one way or the other is made.

What he said :)

Seriously though the mods and I don't have the monopoly on good ideas, and we are always interested in hearing suggestions for how the website and forum could be improved. It's one of the reasons why I set up this area. I can't promise every suggestion will be implemented, but good ideas are very welcome.

Putting stuff all in capitals actually makes things harder to read and won't, overall, make the experience any better - if anything I think it will make things more confused.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, especially as I clearly recall thinking what I was going to say before writing that post, and I obviously completely failed to write what I meant!! rolleyes.gif

Automatic initial letter of each word capitalisation...

Or at least the first letter the title.