Sign in to follow this  
OJB

Introduction

Hello all,

I have just registered on this site as I am currently in the process of applying Gloucestershire Constabulary as a SC. My application has been accepted and my AC date is Saturday 28 January. I have been reading posts on the site with interest and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

In way of a brief background, my name is Oliver and I'm 35 years old. I served in the Royal Air Force for five years having left university and have since worked in civvie street running my own company. I have recently moved back to Gloucestershire having spent time living in Buckinghamshire. Whilst there I joined the TA and donated most of my spare time to running an Army Cadet Force unit. Now I am back in Gloucestershire I am keen to give something back to my local community and see the role of a SC as a challenging yet rewarding role.

I have to say, this site provides a great deal of useful information and I am grateful to have found it.

I wish all fellow applicants the best of luck!

Cheers for now,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Welcome and good luck with all your training etc. It sounds like you have plenty of life experience which helps a lot in the specials.

Do you have any idea where you would like to be based?

Sam.

Good morning,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations of passing the paper sift. From reading your background I would imagine you will pass with flying colours. I have been an officer within GlosPol for a year now and have enjoyed every minute of it. If you need any help or have any questions please ask.

Hope you all have a great new years eve tonight!

djmh

Thanks for your comments both. I'm really looking forward to (hopefully!) being able to make my contribution.

I would ideally like to be based in and around the area that I live (between Thornbury and Stroud) as I'm keen to build good relationships within my local community. My last posting with the TA was as the county PR Officer which enabled me to gain some valuable experience in dealing with the public / emergency services / council members etc. I hope some of this will prove useful moving forward as a SC.

Do you have any general advice regarding the AC? I'm sure that if I pass the AC plenty more questions will follow!

Wishing you a Happy New Year also. I'm off down to Cornwall - fingers crossed the weather improves ...

Oliver

This is the first AC GlosPol have run, it is a national change and will bring us in-line with the other forces. I beleive that HQ sent out some paperwork to everyone attending the AC, so you guys know more than us! B-)

Thornbury is A&S, but Dursley and Stroud are both excellent places to be stationed as a special. I am a Dursley special myself, so look forward to meeting you in the future.

Sam.

I am based in Cirencester but do duties out of Stroud and agree its a good station to work in. I sometimes work with the public protection team at Stroud so deal with burglaries and drug cases.

Thanks for your comments.

I was not aware that this was the first AC that Gloucestershire have run but always glad to be a test pilot wink.gif Dursley would geographically be the best option for me and probably the one I would prefer. So assuming I don't crash and burn at the AC I look forward to meeting you both in the near future!

Cheers for now, Oliver.

Hi Oli,

Happy New Year.

Hopfully you pass the AC, please if you do give me a call as I can help you with advice on both stations you have mentioned above.

You can get me on 101 Ext: 813863 (If you are calling outside of Gloucestershire call 01452 728199 with the same extension).

Thanks and good luck,

Steve

Hi Oli,

Happy New Year.

Hopfully you pass the AC, please if you do give me a call as I can help you with advice on both stations you have mentioned above.

You can get me on 101 Ext: 813863 (If you are calling outside of Gloucestershire call 01452 728199 with the same extension).

Thanks and good luck,

Steve

Oli - This is the man to speak to :D

As per everyone else, I wish you all the very best with it, I've no doubt your contribution would be really valuable :whistle:

Cheers,

James

Thanks for the offer of advice Steve - much appreciated. Assuming I pass, I'll give you a call shortly afterwards.

Now back to the revision; ah, how I love Verbal Reasoning ... True / False / Can't tell ... confused.gif

So I have completed the AC this morning and hope all is well. Apparently we will be told in some 20 days or so our results. Will it be (a) never darken our doors again (b) please come back in 6 months or ( c) well done, you have passed?! Fingers crossed ...

Edited by OJB

hey guys, i was at the afternoon! hope all went well for you two.

good luck in the next 20 days, think I'm going to worry even time the postie comes near the door! or when i get home from work to letters.

Hopefully look forward to training with you :whistle:

Nino

Paid Membership Required

There are 71 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.
Sign in to follow this