Sign in to follow this  
Kilo Sierra

Staffordshire Police Specials Recruitment

We are recruiting for a limited time only, if anyone is interested.Ending the 4th Jan 2012.

J

I definately am.

Could you tell me some areas around Keele where SCs would be well utilised, please?

Edit- Just checked the Staffs Police website- apparently they're still not recruiting...Any thoughts?

Edited by Sleigh-kari

Hello all, iv asked this before, now iv got my app in with west midlands police and passed everything i think, still awaiting my drugs results mind you, anyways do you think i will be able to swap my app over, and start from the interview process or will i have to start from the beginning? and how will that affect my app in the west mids as i know i can only apply to one force at one time?

reason is iv been waiting almost two years from when i started my app to now, i have an uncle in stafford police and only live just out side parts where stafford police cover, and i have been waiting for staffs to open recruitment.

Thanks for your time Rich.

Im sorry but this is totally ridiculous....

Why on earth do we need more specials? We achieved our 'target' of 500 and then we open up again? We need a cull if anything!

How about we get rid of the following first:

• All the specials that never turn up
  • All the specials who only come in for something exciting
  • All the specials who stand there when another Officers getting a kicking
  • All the specials that are from away but at a uni in the county, come in once or twice then disappear
  • All the specials who are uninterested
  • All the specials who did a two week course! Im sorry but what? "Get that bottle off that lad mate"......."Ummm what do I say?"

Obviously the answer is not to take on small intakes of proven S.C's like every other force in England and Wales is doing at the moment, because that uses too much common sense! Instead it's "lets get more desperate specials in as no one will know the difference" Well actually it shows....

Oh hang on I've just realised.... Isn't something happening next year? Something quite big?

The special constabulary was meant to support not to replace, if you need Police Officer's recruit Police Officer's simple as that.

• Like 3

Why on earth do we need more specials? We achieved our 'target' of 500 and then we open up again? We need a cull if anything!

• All the specials that are from away but at a uni in the county, come in once or twice then disappear
  • All the specials who did a two week course! Im sorry but what? "Get that bottle off that lad mate"......."Ummm what do I say?"

Obviously the answer is not to take on small intakes of proven S.C's like every other force in England and Wales is doing at the moment, because that uses too much common sense! Instead it's "lets get more desperate specials in as no one will know the difference" Well actually it shows....

Oh hang on I've just realised.... Isn't something happening next year? Something quite big?

The special constabulary was meant to support not to replace, if you need Police Officer's recruit Police Officer's simple as that.

I have to say...er.. strong words. I agree with many of your points though. I won't go any more into what or why.. But yeah.

Im sorry if it comes over a bit heavy, but from what I can gather I am not the only one with these thoughts.

No you're not. And a lot of the Regular officers have expressed similar thoughts to me recently. The blanket on all the 2 week course people obviously is silly - but I was saying only today to people - How can people on the two week course retain all the information. I used to struggle in the 2 weekend days, to take in everything for that one week, and I had a week then to go away and digest it, before I was given more. To fit the entire training into two weeks to me, is just going to lead to information overload - too quickly. Regulars do their training in blocks of two weeks or so, two weeks for a module i believe - thats fine on a single subject, but er...to swap and change is going to get highly confusing.

As for the time wasters, actionmen and people who never come in - they should indeed be asked to consider if they really want to continue.

• Like 1

I'm not a desperate Special. I genuinely want to be a Special. Policing is all I can think about, even when i'm asleep. It's in my blood. It's just i'm living in Staffs and it's the most convient for me because I can't afford to travel into other counties so much.

Perhaps you should consider that some people genuinely want to be SCs and, heaven forbid, they'd be good at it. I have no doubt you don't mean all specials but you clearly have a chip on your shoulder, so perhaps you should get to know some hard working SCs, and even some that don't come in that often, and maybe you'll realise there could be some outstanding circumstances...

Obviously you're gonna get bad specials, just as you get bad PCs. Just don't tar all SCs and applicants with the same brush.

I'm not a desperate Special. I genuinely want to be a Special. Policing is all I can think about, even when i'm asleep. It's in my blood. It's just i'm living in Staffs and it's the most convient for me because I can't afford to travel into other counties so much.

Perhaps you should consider that some people genuinely want to be SCs and, heaven forbid, they'd be good at it. I have no doubt you don't mean all specials but you clearly have a chip on your shoulder, so perhaps you should get to know some hard working SCs, and even some that don't come in that often, and maybe you'll realise there could be some outstanding circumstances...

Obviously you're gonna get bad specials, just as you get bad PCs. Just don't tar all SCs and applicants with the same brush.

Im sorry if I offended you, but I think you have misunderstood the most important parts of what I said...

What I meant by 'desperate specials' still stands, your thoughts and feelings are exactly the same as mine, otherwise I wouldn't be doing the job would I.....

Most of us have a real passion for Policing so your not alone.

I tried to make it clear that it's good to have hard working, reliable specials with us, who wouldn't want this? But surely it would be a good idea to get rid of some of the ones we have now? Honestly you have no idea of the current standards and attitudes, it's as if they have been forced to do it!

What I meant by some of the other things I said is quite simple really... The balance of Policing is slowly tipping, the Special Constabulary was designed to support Police forces, and im sorry but it has changed! At the end of the day you have no idea about the way things are going, what will soon be expected of us and the feeling inside police stations at the moment! Im pretty sure you will have a bit of a shock when you get in and see for yourself....

Its plain to see that times are hard and that Staffordshire Police are loosing officers, however I don't care what anyone says it is totally embarrassing to replace those Officer's with Special Constables.

Anyone who thinks this is perfectly fine needs to think about the long term effects, regardless of what you say Special Constables are now replacing regular officers and that is wrong.

I have no chip whatsoever I was just saying what needs to be said.

Anyway please feel free to PM me because I can help you with some of your questions (providing I haven't offended you I apologise if I have) Good luck with your application.

• Like 1

Im sorry if I offended you, but I think you have misunderstood the most important parts of what I said...

What I meant by 'desperate specials' still stands, your thoughts and feelings are exactly the same as mine, otherwise I wouldn't be doing the job would I.....

Most of us have a real passion for Policing so your not alone.

I tried to make it clear that it's good to have hard working, reliable specials with us, who wouldn't want this? But surely it would be a good idea to get rid of some of the ones we have now? Honestly you have no idea of the current standards and attitudes, it's as if they have been forced to do it!

What I meant by some of the other things I said is quite simple really... The balance of Policing is slowly tipping, the Special Constabulary was designed to support Police forces, and im sorry but it has changed! At the end of the day you have no idea about the way things are going, what will soon be expected of us and the feeling inside police stations at the moment! Im pretty sure you will have a bit of a shock when you get in and see for yourself....

Its plain to see that times are hard and that Staffordshire Police are loosing officers, however I don't care what anyone says it is totally embarrassing to replace those Officer's with Special Constables.

Anyone who thinks this is perfectly fine needs to think about the long term effects, regardless of what you say Special Constables are now replacing regular officers and that is wrong.

I have no chip whatsoever I was just saying what needs to be said.

Anyway please feel free to PM me because I can help you with some of your questions (providing I haven't offended you I apologise if I have) Good luck with your application.

You did offend me a bit, but now you've explained a bit further it's quite alright. No hard feelings at all. I've never wanted to replace any Police officer, just to do my bit, get some experience and hopefully become a damn excellent Police Officer myself one day.

I may take you up on that offer. I'd like to know how to prepare for the interview.

You did offend me a bit, but now you've explained a bit further it's quite alright. No hard feelings at all. I've never wanted to replace any Police officer, just to do my bit, get some experience and hopefully become a damn excellent Police Officer myself one day.

I may take you up on that offer. I'd like to know how to prepare for the interview.

Im sorry I never meant to knock anyone's enthusiasm or make anyone feel bad, after all it's what makes us Special Constables.

What you said above is spot on, It is a fantastic experience that will hopefully one day prove invaluable.

some good points mate

Edited by Bahumbug-AJ
Moved your reply out of the quote box - it confused me I'm sure it'd confuse others :)

Hey,

Slight problem with the form- Is it meant to be filled out on the computer? I keep trying to type into the grey boxes but a blue line appears throught the middle and the text appears blue and underlined beside the box.

Solutions? Or is it meant to be filled out by hand, at which point the grey boxes will disappear/

Thanks,

Paid Membership Required

There are 295 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.
Sign in to follow this