Sign in to follow this  
samanthaS

Recruitment Advice Needed

On my first application to the Specials I recieved high scores on all the tests, including fitness. I got through right to the end until my personal vetting was done. Over one year ago, I had an argument with my husband, decided to have some time on my own and left off for the day. My husband got worried and reported me as a missing person; I was only gone for an afternoon!!!!. Consequently, because I did not state this on my application ( really did not think about it!), recruitment informed me that although it was not an offence, it was still on my notes!!!!

I was stunned that this affected my application and she advised me to try again in six months.

Does anyone have any advice about how long incident notes are kept on a persons file and whether it is worth applying again?

Kind Regards

Sammy :)

Edited by David
Fonts/sizes/colours changed to standard for ease of reading

On my first application to the Specials I recieved high scores on all the tests, including fitness. I got through right to the end until my personal vetting was done. Over one year ago, I had an argument with my husband, decided to have some time on my own and left off for the day. My husband got worried and reported me as a missing person; I was only gone for an afternoon!!!!. Consequently, because I did not state this on my application ( really did not think about it!), recruitment informed me that although it was not an offence, it was still on my notes!!!!

I was stunned that this affected my application and she advised me to try again in six months.

Does anyone have any advice about how long incident notes are kept on a persons file and whether it is worth applying again?

Kind Regards

Sammy :)

Just apply again, but declare it this time.

Edited by David
Quote amended

I think I am just going to apply again in October, That's the next recruitment date.

I will declare everything next time and if it still doesn't work then i'll take my second option of teaching.....

Thanks for all your comments!

Sammy ;)