Worst Area in Liverpool?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Jonas

Jonas

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have just joined Merseyside Specials, going through some courses at the moment and should get my attestation by the end of June. I have to choose my police station in North Liverpool area. My question is which one needs specials the most? Which neighborhood is the worst statisticly? How about other areas? I heard Sefton is quite short on staff...

Appreciate your help guys.

#2 Coach

Coach

Old Sweat

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

by what i've heard most stations will say they're short on specials and they want specials to join there station, i know knowsley is short on specials (so recruitment said). what station have you applied for in north liverpool? I can't wait to start training in june, are you enhoying it so far?

Edited by Coach, 14 May 2009 - 03:42 PM.

#3 159

My Arm Pits Smell

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

Croxteth ( crocky ) and Norris Green are pretty much the kind of places you don't want to walk around at night in.

#4 Jonas

Jonas

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have apllied for Croxteth and I probably will be working nights. I am not to worried coz I grew up in absolute hole :prone: so I should be used to it.
I am starting my first course tomorow in Mather Avenue. Coach did you have an induction last tuesday?

Edited by Cheetah, 24 August 2011 - 09:28 PM.
Profanity removed

#5 Coach

Coach

Old Sweat

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

hello mate, my induction is on the 30th June i think

#6 inspector

inspector

Regular

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have just joined Merseyside Specials, going through some courses at the moment and should get my attestation by the end of June. I have to choose my police station in North Liverpool area. My question is which one needs specials the most? Which neighborhood is the worst statisticly? How about other areas? I heard Sefton is quite short on staff...

Appreciate your help guys.

The whole of Liverpool North is THE busiest. Statistically it has the highest calls for service out of any BCU. Crime figures average over 3,000 per month, double that of any other BCU. No matter which station you opt for you WILL be busy.

If you want the hard stats you can get them off the public website. Click here

Once you reach the "Welcome: Liverpool North" page select an area on the map to the top left. It will take you to that neighbourhood. On each neighbourhood's page there will be a "Crime Statistics" link - towards bottom centre - that you can click on and get the stats.

Once you get to the stats there are loads of drop down boxes for you to select from which break the figures down by Areas, Stations etc.

St.Anne Street (covers the city) records the highest volume, followed by Lower Lane (Croxteth, Norris Green, Clubmoor, Warbreck and Fazakerley), followed by Walton Lane (Anfield, Everton and County).

Best thing is to indicate your preferred and second station's and when you get attested you can discuss this with me on the night.

All Liverpool North stations can accomodate new people.

#7 Coach

Coach

Old Sweat

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

do you discuss stations at your attestation november?

#8 inspector

inspector

Regular

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

do you discuss stations at your attestation november?

Yes, though you should indicate prior, during your training your preferred and secondary choices.

#9 Kevinl03

Kevinl03

I Need A Life !!!

• Members
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

I'd agree Echo is the busiest, so much so I even feel de-skilled in the time I've been away from there even though where I am now is still very busy (though of course we are all being de-skilled to a certain extent by the organisation, but let's not get into that one here!). I'm still fond of my time there for the 'baptism of fire' and great experience I got in my first 2 years there. The city is mad of course, then if you go out of the City to Anfield/Everton at the bottom end of 'E' or Walton/Croxteth etc at the top end it's still busy but with a really wide variety of jobs.

The area I used to work covered what was then the Walton Lane and Lower Lane neighbourhoods, but 2-3 years ago the neighbourhoods were all changed round into new pairings ('hubs') and those two weren't paired anymore - not hard to see why if as november whiskey says they are the two pulling in the highest crime stats! Number crunching eh.

#10 inspector

inspector

Regular

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Indeed I can assure you all Walton Lane is as busy as ever, hence why the number of Specials there is near a strength of 20 with two Sp Sgts. Each with their own Radio! More the merrier!

#11 Jon!

Jon!

My Life

• Lifetime Power Users+
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

Sorry for bringing this old thread up again...

I'm going to apply in March and hope to go to Walton Lane if I get in then and they let me (Planning early, I know!). 20 Specials seems a lot. How is it at the moment, are they full or are they asking for Specials? I know this could all change as it's still a while before I'll be applying, but I'm interested into whats going on at the mo'.

Cheers :huh:

Edited by Jon_b, 17 August 2011 - 07:41 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users