Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

11th July
Received initial application pack.

26th July

Initial application for Special Constabulary returned to Merseysied Police HQ.

3rd August
Received a reply offering me a place for the Police Initial Recruitment Test along with a short example test.

14th August
PIR test sat and remaining application process explained.

16th August
Received a letter confirming a pass for the PIR test along with the standard secuirty questionnaire and notes on its completion.

17th August
Security Questionnaire returned along with requested copies of birth certificate and driving licence.

18th August
Received a letter containing my interview time and details for the open evening for interview candidates.

Will continue to update as my application progresses. Hopefully tick the boxes this time that I failed to get right for the Met as a PCSO applicant.

#2 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

20th August
Confirmed attendance for the open evening and availability for interview time.

(would edit to avoid bumping if I could :whistle:)
(Would appear I just can't edit the first post then, so I'll update this post instead)

Edited by Axle, 20 August 2007 - 10:35 PM.

#3 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

Open evening's tommorow (Wed 21st) And I'm hoping to be in Sefton (Formby would be the easiest to try for but maybe not the most exciting :whistle:)

Edited by Axle, 21 August 2007 - 01:35 PM.

#4 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

24th August
Visited Maghull Police Station, picking up a few tips and managing to get a ride-along to see what a (quiet) shift is like. Thanks to the Maghull SCs for the oppurtunity.

(Or it would appear that the edit system only lets you do it when it feels like it o.O)

#5 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

31st August
Attended interview at the Crime Faculty Unit. Last interview of the day so followed out almost immediately by the interviewers who gave the nod to the gent I was filling out the questionnaire for, who gave me a quick rundown of the rest of the process from here and that I should be receiving a letter of congratulations by Monday with a medical and eyesight form.

#6 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

4th September
Received medical and eyesight forms. Booked eye test for Thursday afternoon.

#7 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

Starting to have to give it serious cinsideration now as I'm not likely too far off being asked where I want to be stationed. The only concern I have with Southport is travel, no driving licence means that I'm gonna be limited to public transport timing as to when I can work :whistle:

#8 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

7th September
Eyes tested and both forms sent back to recruitment as well as re-registering at local GPs.

#9 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

12th September
Phonecall from recruitment checking on reference details, also mentioned receipt of medical forms.

#10 Axle

Axle

Starting Out

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

15th September
Received a phonecall from parents whilst in London informing me that a letter had come through from HM Court's Service, upon opening it turned out to be a summons for jury service for the week beginning 12th November, right in the middle of training (assuming everything checks out OK with my application).

18th September
Rang recruitment after getting home from London to see whether there was any cause for concern if I succeeded in my application, fortunately informed that there doesn't appear to be a clash during that week. Though it does mean I'm still likely to have to sit in court on my birthday :whistle:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users