• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

Well I have started my application process today. I had an eye exam booked as part of the initial application form which was this morning. The last time I remember having an eye test was back in primary school so I wasn't too sure what it involved. However all tests passed and signed off, and better than 20/20 vision eyesight so i'm preety happy to say the least! Just a hint to anyone else who may be getting an eye exam soon for the police and has to fill in a form, don't go to the big stores, they will charge you £15 + just to fill in 6 questions, I went to a local independant optician and they filled the form in for free, very professional service too.

Little background, I have just completed a four year uni course and have secured a full time job doing something which I enjoy so I guess now is as good a time as any to try and join the specials. I'm applying to a Scottish force and hope to be assigned to an area near where I live which covers both rural and built up areas. I'll post all my progress (if any!) here and would encourage anyone with comments to PM me anytime :whistle:

AlphaWhiskey

#2 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:02 AM

Full application form was sent off this morning to force HQ. Just have to wait and see now... scary biscuits.

:whistle:

#3 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

Letter through the post today inviting me for a familurisation evening :lol:

Best get my suit dry cleaned :whistle:

#4 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

After much head scratching, tooing and froing and deliberation I have decided to apply as a Regular to CSP. I've thought long and hard about it and now seems as good a time as any, I just can't see myself being happy for any period of time doing anything else so i'm going to go for it and give it my best shot. It's what my heart is set upon so i'm going to focus all my attention and effort on getting through the application process. Giving the recruitment officer a ring first thing tommorow, will keep you all posted!

*fingers crossed*

:saint: :whistle:

#5 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

Phoned recruitment this morning and my application has now been switched over for the position of Police constable :whistle:

*hurrys around to find S.E.T past papers*

:saint:

#6 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Little update, not much happening here. Still waiting for a date for the SET. Been doing loads of maths questions from past papers and reading newspapers etc. On the fitness side of things i've been out and about getting used to running on tarmac and slowly but surely i'm getting quicker.

Other than that... zip :whistle:

#7 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

Just got a letter thorugh the post this morning inviting me to attend the SET on Monday the 10th of September...

Glad i've finally got a date, can get my head down now and go crazy with the practicing.

:whistle:

#8 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Had the standard entrance test yesturday and found it preety difficult to say the least. I came out of the exam feeling very dissapointed in myself but I gave it my best shot so who knows. It was much harder than the past papers I had used to practice with. Results get sent out today in the post so I will know how I have done by the end of the week. Fingers firmly crossed.

#9 alexgsd

alexgsd

Settling In

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

Recieved a letter to day saying that I had passed the entrance exam, very chuffed to say the least! Assesment day shortly too.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users