• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:56 AM

I have just been appointed as a call handler at the northern command centre and will be starting the training course in the middle of June. As far as specials are concerned, I had a meeting with Mark Desforges a couple of weeks ago which was really interesting and a bit of an eye-opener. Still filling out the application form at the moment (its given me a few headaches), also had many a fun afternoon trying to chase up my vaccination history. Hopefully getting it sent off this week, so i'll update this when i hear some more news.

Even though people who read this cant reply on here, if you want to talk then just leave me a personal message and i'll get back to you.

Edited by frenchy, 08 May 2007 - 03:11 PM.

#2 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Finally got everything completed and my application will be going in first thing monday morning. Wish me luck!

#3 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

Ok so its three days since I sent my application off and i've just got a letter this morning saying i've made it through the paper sift! :whistle: So I am a bit hyper this morning! Just got to wait for a confirmed date for my test and interview now so i'll be checking the post every morning! hehe.

#4 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

Just got a call and i've got a date for my assessment centre - 4th june! So i'm going to start swotting up. Off to Toronto next week so hopefully I should be refreshed by the time i get back :whistle:

#5 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Back from Toronto, very tired and sunburnt! But still refreshed ready for the assessment centre. Just going to be spending my weekend revising. Wish me luck!

#6 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

Got the interviews out of the way now. So just waiting for the letter, altough i'm not exactly holding out much hope as they didn't go amazing. :whistle:

#7 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

Just found out that I passed my interview!!! So it turns out it was just me being negative. Takin my medical form to the doctor later to get signed and hopefully the vetting wont take too long! Want to crack on with my training now! :whistle:

#8 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

Starting my call handler training course on monday at courtland road which should take up a lot of my time! Things seem to have moved quite quickly so far, so just got to hope that my vetting is sorted without any hitches and then with a bit of luck I should be on the next intake :whistle: Just need to step up my fitness regime! Because I don't think running once every other day is going to cut it!

#9 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Got a date for my medical - friday the 13th! eeek. Hopefully not unlucky for moi. Not looking forward to getting crammed in the audiometric booth again!

#10 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:44 AM

got my medical moved forward to 9am yesterday morning. And even though I had to have a manual audiometric test I managed to get through it ok. So its just a case of waiting for someone from the specials to get in touch with me and give me a starting date :whistle:

#11 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

started getting some kit bought ready for whenever i get started with the specials. just taken delivery of a tiny 28-led torch from japan. Better not point it at anyone! and next thing to buy is a pair of magnums! better get saving

#12 frenchy

frenchy

I'm new!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

got yet another vetting form so had to quickly fill it out and get it sent back in! hopefully i will still make the next intake!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users