• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

Well I thought I would start this post. I currently sit here wondering whether or not leaving cadets was a good idea, not 'cos I enjoyed it but because of how good it looks on the application form.

I really did love Cadets, I would recommend it to anyone. It's organisational skills are superb, and also the skills I learned from such a disciplined corps was first class.

I sit here bored studying for my A2 Law Exams; History A2 Exams and English A2 Exams. I should then be going onto the University of Westminster, where'll be studying Criminal Justice Studies (BSc Hons).

My thoughts on this though is to apply for the Specials in Sussex, whilst studying in London, if anyone has any thoughts/personal experiences from this, I would massively appreciate it.

Well the first few posts will be just about my exams, and hopefully posting will get a bit more tense.

Anywayz, just going to give a shout out to CrAYtUrK18 who - I think - will be starting his Special's training. Good to see proper Cadets coming through the ranks.

Tune In! :whistle:

#2 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

What a shame, well SusPol Recruitment just got back to me and apparntley you cannot live out of the force you will be serving... So I am going to have to apply for the Met, if not put it off all together!

#3 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

Well guys, today I decided to request an application form from Hampshire Constabulary, I am nearly eighteen and by myself requesting a form, I'm hardly losing anything.

It is worth a shot.

I will let you all know if they release an application form to me!

#4 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

Well hello all.... :whistle:

I had some post today.

Despite saying I am still under 18 - obviously I am close to that age - but I was shocked to see them send a form. It was a sort of shot to nothing, but now it has come through it has sort of hit home, that I COULD be a Special Constable with Hampshire Constabulary.

I start University in September - first year - and I will often be down here, but was wondering mainly to Gizzy:
  • Would you say this is an automated service? Have they really considered my age?
  • Gizzy, in your opinion would you apply? I really absolutely desperately want to, BUT I'm just querying whether it would be best to do it in the near future?
I'm a little worried about my options now as they've all hit home to the realism, I need someone to talk to it about lol.

#5 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

Well hello guys,

After much umming and urring, I thought that today was a day that I may as well risk it, I thought I would register my interest in applying some time to the Police Service of the United Kingdom, more specifically, the Metropolitan Police.

I felt that by applying MetPol it would allow me to divert alot more time to both studies and policing, as oppose to travelling to and from London to Havant/Portsmouth.

So I have decided that my top three areas were going to be:
  • Westminster
  • Camden
  • Islington (& Highbury)
I am about 40% confident that my application passing, due to the fact that I am 24 days away from being eighteen, so I can't be as nervous/confident/excited as what others maybe.

I do feel that my time in the Police Cadets will amazingly help me towards applying the law in London, and lets just hope I can start the ball rolling as of today; rather than six months later.

finally, I was mystified with the fact that I didn't have to answer any competence questions, although in the 'notes' bit I did use it to sell myself.

Well I'll keep you guys updated, and as for En Garde...

... keep the bloody diary up to date :whistle:

#6 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Wow, I really am part of the 'diary-crew', isn't life just great.

Well I received a courtesy-letter from the MetPol just saying the relevant company who would be taking over the application, and giving me a few contacts. Well this is great, as I didn't think I'd pass the application bit, but obviously my application has forwarded to the lovely 'sifting' department.

Secondly, as I still haven't had a response (via email) from my cadet leader about releasing my positive reports and annual assessment details, which I can file and 'deploy' (do you like that instead of Fire and Deploy.... File and Deploy;), I should be in marketing, or not!) on future assessment days and interviews. However, no answer meant I had to contact the Inspector, it is something that they do not need - wouldn't surprise me if they threw them - so he's got a reputation of being a classic inspector, so hopefully I could get a wee bit of repayment for the four years cadet hours I've given.

Keep you guys updated.

And En Garde, DIARY! :whistle:

#7 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

Well,

Not heard from MetPol recruitment, but I do expect it is, as they probably get huge volumes of applicants - just hope it doesn't affect my application.

Note: I've also noticed that SusPol especially are now advertising as the minimum age is seventeen and a half, which I find somewhat worrying that someone that young can be a paid regular, personally, I feel it should be seventeen and a half to apply, and then attestation and office of constable shouldn't be granted until they are eighteen and a half. But that's my view.

Finally, I have quite fortunately been able to finally obtain my references and achievements from my folder I left behind at my old cadet corps. It took a bit of persuasion and requesting some current cadets to ask, as my original emails were ignored, but I have strong words that they are going to be returned!

So how is everyone??

Hope everyone is safe!

Dan!

Note: En Garde really doesn't listen to my cries of updates to his diary :whistle: lol

#8 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

I have now spoken to some current officers who I used to speak to whilst at Cadets, and have been advised to re-consider being a Special - of which I have considered and decided that it would be the best bet, as it would distance myself from my peers and myslef.

So at the moment SusPol/MetPol/and BritPol (lol) is all on hold.

For another three years

#9 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

I passed the paper sift, but am now very stuck as to whether proceed or withdraw.... ?

#10 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

And I've decided to go for it, no doubts!

#11 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

Well I've sent my lil form off, I can't do their selected date.

So I have said I can do another date, does this jeopardise my applicaion?

Also, what is included in the MetPol fitness test/ interviews? Is it the normal questions?

#12 The Hamster

The Hamster

Experienced

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

Well...Well...

I have a new assessment centre date.... Mid-Sepember!

I have seriously got to either

a) get the fitness up

and/or b) shed some weight!

Cheers.

Woody.x

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users